• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about prints and pics

Yeah I wanted something different but couldn't ignore that price. Second time that's happened and I ended up with a AAC can. I love all of mine though

I like that can it's a couple ozs over for me but man it's a great can built tough and sounds good too. If I wasn't vested in ASR I'd go that route too.

My buddy uses the kiosk and swears by it, But CG&P is the only place around me with one. I get mine from a shop that has a range so I can get conjugal visits with it while I wait. Once it's paid off you can shoot it

I like the SDN-6. It's a quality can for sure. I've got a Saker 5.56 locked up in jail. Sucks. I've got a beater HTA guardian 9 with a fixed bbl mount for my AR-9. it only pulls one job so it does a great job staying married up on that platform. Got it for a steal and glad I did now. Got a Sig .22 can currently in Fed Ex's hands heading back to get fixed for a second time (light baffle strike this time, bad POA/POI shift first time) :frusty:

I always tell people. Owning NFA stuff is like owning a nice car. You can drive the **** outta it but you gotta maintain it and get prepared because one day you're probably gonna break it.

NFA can definitely be a safe queen thing with autos and stuff, but cans hell no. You wanna run cans hard and enjoy them **** happens just send it back and get ready for lessons in the virtue of patience! NFA realllllly helped me with patience no lie.

My routine -

Form 4

• Find NFA item locally
  • Go to Local PD and request have several (I usually get 6 cards they can print multiples) finger print cards printed. It takes a bit but has yet to cost me a penny, but your jurisdiction might charge.
  • On my way back to store I stop at any drug store; rite aide, Walgreen, CVS etc and get the same amount of passport photos as I have finger print cards. They take them against a white background, cut them to proper dimensions and give them to you in a nice little enevelope. The prices vary and I can't remember exactly which place was cheapest. Maybe call around?
  • Personally I also stop by the Post Office and grab a 200.00 money order. The mail has yet to loose one, and the BATFE has yet to not cash one. Most people use a personal check so they can see the date it's cashed and start countdown but I use USPS MOs
  • Go to LGS with 2 copies of finger prints, 2 passport sized photos, and my MO Pay for item in full and present the stuff and start filling out the paper work.
On form 1s same exact process but I go to BATFE website and print out the fillable form 1. Get all my measurements correct and really take my time to fill it out well. Double check for mistakes (I usually find one or two) then I go and transfer it to the computer fillable PDF and make it all pretty and print it out then glue stick my pics on 2 copies and paper clip a finger print card to each.

You don't need to fill out on a doublesided sheet anymore, you can use multiple sheets now too.

I know you've done this before but figured I'd throw it out there for anyone else who needed help

Thanks for this post. I have stamps but none post 41F so this is all new to me

Just to comment on the kiosk thing, it has made the process very simple for me. Once I got my trust sent in to silencershop and got prints/photos for my wife and myself one time on the kiosk, I can reuse them for my new submissions. They have the tax stamp as well as the SBR/SBS paperwork filing service available on their site so they don't only help with suppressor purchases. On my most recent SBS I payed $240 total I believe for the stamp and service.

You provide them the info for the SBS/SBR you want to make and they fill out your forms and mail in the check. The nice part for me is they review the info and since they submit so many forms it is nice to have someone with expertise review everything before mailing it in. They also pull your prints/photos on file from the kiosk so there is no going to walgreens for passport photos or getting reprinted. They also mail the duplicate copy to the CLEO. When I looked at the cost for 2 sets of print cards and photos for my trust their service option was maybe $10-15 more expensive. To take most of the hassle out of the process, it has been worth the extra money for me.

Just to comment on the kiosk thing, it has made the process very simple for me. Once I got my trust sent in to silencershop and got prints/photos for my wife and myself one time on the kiosk, I can reuse them for my new submissions. They have the tax stamp as well as the SBR/SBS paperwork filing service available on their site so they don't only help with suppressor purchases. On my most recent SBS I payed $240 total I believe for the stamp and service.

You provide them the info for the SBS/SBR you want to make and they fill out your forms and mail in the check. The nice part for me is they review the info and since they submit so many forms it is nice to have someone with expertise review everything before mailing it in. They also pull your prints/photos on file from the kiosk so there is no going to walgreens for passport photos or getting reprinted. They also mail the duplicate copy to the CLEO. When I looked at the cost for 2 sets of print cards and photos for my trust their service option was maybe $10-15 more expensive. To take most of the hassle out of the process, it has been worth the extra money for me.

So did you first buy a suppressor from them? That does sound convenient. Kennesaw PD wants $25 for fingerprinting and I dont know if thats per card or is that 1 time and I can ask for multiple copies.

Back
Top Bottom