• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question About Recent Traffic Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you would complain about a Drunk driver that hurt or killed one of your friends or family members? Drunks are caught every night by these "fishing" expeditions. These drunks are taken off the road unable to kill someone that night. If they aren't pulling people over and someone gets hurt, it's the LEOs fault for not stopping them. If they pull you over at 3 AM on a Satruday morning leaving an area with bars after they believe they saw you swerving, they are infringing on your rights. :(

How many of you want the illegal "aliens" gone? How many do you think are caught everyday by a LEO pulling over a vehicle for a seatbelt violation, or broken tail light.

Comparing LEOs to the Gestapo is absurd.

Again....all of the examples you sited were people breaking the law.

*Swerving is a ticket-able offense. If you get pulled over for swerving and you're drunk, of course you'll be arrested for DUI.
*Not wearing a seatbelt is a ticket-able offense. If you get pulled over for a seatbelt violation and have no license, you're going to jail.
*Broken taillight is a ticket-able offense. If you get pulled over for a busted taillight and are an illegal alien, of course you'll be arrested.

How would you respond if a police officer came to your house at 2 am banging on the door, and when you answer he says, "Sir, I need you to let me in. We're doing random home searches. We just want to make sure you don't have anything illegal in your house."

I'm sure you'd call BS on that one. How is this any different? I wasn't doing anything wrong. This was at 8:00 in the evening heading across a state hwy. Not 3 am leaving a bar. Not that it makes any difference, since you can't pull someone over just because they might be drunk. You have to have a VALID reason to pull them over. Swerving all over the road like a drunken mess is a VALID reason to pull someone over.

Its like the thread about road blocks that was posted a while back. BS. You want to make me wait in line for an hour so you can make sure I have my license? I'm going on a detour. But like one member there said, he pulled off to the side street where he lived and the cops chased him down and hassled him because they thought he was avoiding the road block.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?20151-Dekalb-County-Checkpoint-today.

Last edited:
I think they should have ALL police pass a Constitutional Law exam. Nothing too in depth, but something to show that they have at least had SOME training in the field.
Shooting back at the Police is not the answer, but people are getting more and more terrified by the police, and it is causing violence towards Peace Keepers.
If you keep accepting the behavior from them then they will continue to violate your Constitutional Rights. You have a right to travel without being hassled.
SOME cops are revenue generators for whatever city, or town they patrol. I would just get a good look at the badge number, and name then write a nice letter to his boss, the Mayor of the town, and whoever else may listen.

A video camera is your best friend when dealing with a LEO who is out of line.

Last edited:
People are getting more, and more tired of these jack-booted nazis patrolling the areas.
Just the number of murdered LEO's should be enough to open their eyes to the fact that people are fed up with the crap, but it doesn't.
If you keep bending over for them then they will continue to violate your Constitutional Rights. You have a right to travel without being hassled by Barney with a G.E.D.

I agree with the "violation of Constitutional Rights" part.

BUT, I DO NOT agree with the insinuation that officers are getting their comeuppance by being murdered. Every LEO killed in action is a tragedy and should be punishable with a swift trial, followed by a "short drop and a sudden stop" over a crowded public street.

We should not make examples of murdered officers to site our anger at the few bad apples that like to push the limits of their authority. Rather, we should make an example of the violent offenders who attack and/or murder our officers in cold blood.

I agree that our officers are there for our safety and should be honored as such. I just don't agree with the handful who take matters into their own hands by harassing law-abiding citizens.

Your comment "Just the number of murdered LEO's should be enough to open their eyes to the fact that people are fed up with the crap" is probably about to open up a huge can of worms that this thread wasn't intended for. If that happens, I'll definitely close it down as I don't want to bring that kind of negative attention to a thread that was initially intended to simply ask for some advice.

Most cases where Cops get killed are when a suspect is trying to escape because they have a criminal past they are running from. NOT because someone got pulled over for a "kinda dim" tail light. If what is posted in this thread is true, then the LEO should be made aware of what his position really is and taught not to abuse it.

Last edited:
My whole life. As an adult, I want to believe in local law enforcement, but nearly every single encounter I have had with a LEO has been somewhere between abusive and degrading (save for whenever I am working as an EMT). I hate to say that my Hispanic appearance has anything to do with it, but sometimes I wonder. And all this has never ended in anything other than a speeding ticket, one time, when I was 16. But the traffic stop in this thread sounds like a dozen I have had. At least you didn't get a gun pulled on you by the friendly officer, as has happened to me more than once (which always seem to end in a warning for me). I want to have a healthy respect for LE, and I know this is likely a small percentage of officers that shake down guys in front of their wives, or pull a kid over for a DWB (Driving While Brown) but wow, stuff like this make it tough.

How many of you would complain about a Drunk driver that hurt or killed one of your friends or family members? Drunks are caught every night by these "fishing" expeditions. These drunks are taken off the road unable to kill someone that night. If they aren't pulling people over and someone gets hurt, it's the LEOs fault for not stopping them. If they pull you over at 3 AM on a Satruday morning leaving an area with bars after they believe they saw you swerving, they are infringing on your rights. :(

How many of you want the illegal "aliens" gone? How many do you think are caught everyday by a LEO pulling over a vehicle for a seatbelt violation, or broken tail light.

Comparing LEOs to the Gestapo is absurd.

I hate drunks... I hate illegal immigrants... but I hate being stopped on the "hunch" of a cop more.

Just because a person is intoxicated does not mean he will cause, contribute to, or otherwise be part of motor vehicle/pedestrian/other accident be it fatal or not. All those illegal immigrants that get arrested... if they have criminal records then they are deatined by ICE... if not... they go on their merry way more time than not.

More over than anything else... I am sick and tired of the government looking out for my safety. I got it... I promise... thanks for asking... but I can take care of myself... I can dodge the drunks... I can avoid areas where illegal immigrants attack people... I can choose to wear a seatbelt, drive a jet ski, and ride a skateboard off a 10 foot wall. If I hurt or kill myself or someone doing a dangerous activity.. my fault... i got it... thanks for asking.. but i can take care of myself.

I mean smoking and obesity are in the top five killers of american people. I kinda feel like if a copy can tell me not to drink and drive... I should be able to tell him not to eat that double whopper from burger king

But i do agree and despite how often I compare some bully-ish cops to nazi's ....yes... comparing police in america to the gestapo is a little over the top.

I think they should have ALL police pass a Constitutional Law exam. Nothing too mentally strenuous, but something to show that they have at least had SOME training in the field.

Agree 99%. The 1% is I believe it should be a mentally strenuous course. May weed some out that should not be here.

I hate drunks... I hate illegal immigrants... but I hate being stopped on the "hunch" of a cop more.

Just because a person is intoxicated does not mean he will cause, contribute to, or otherwise be part of motor vehicle/pedestrian/other accident be it fatal or not. All those illegal immigrants that get arrested... if they have criminal records then they are deatined by ICE... if not... they go on their merry way more time than not.

More over than anything else... I am sick and tired of the government looking out for my safety. I got it... I promise... thanks for asking... but I can take care of myself... I can dodge the drunks... I can avoid areas where illegal immigrants attack people... I can choose to wear a seatbelt, drive a jet ski, and ride a skateboard off a 10 foot wall. If I hurt or kill myself or someone doing a dangerous activity.. my fault... i got it... thanks for asking.. but i can take care of myself.

I mean smoking and obesity are in the top five killers of american people. I kinda feel like if a copy can tell me not to drink and drive... I should be able to tell him not to eat that double whopper from burger king

But i do agree and despite how often I compare some bully-ish cops to nazi's ....yes... comparing police in america to the gestapo is a little over the top.

I have read this 4 times to see if I am reading it wrong. Are you saying that there should NOT be a cause for an intoxicated driver to be pulled over, just in case HE thinks he MAY be ok to drive?

Please enlighten me and tell me I am not understanding. Driving while intoxicated IS illegal. Do some homework and look at 100 cases where severe injury or fatalities were the result. Then look and see their BAL (blood alcohol level). Having impaired motor skills can easily contribute to a severe accident. PERIOD.

I may ask have you EVER had a close friend or family member killed or injured by a drunk driver? Just asking

And please find me ONE example of another person being a victim from a driver just finished a Double Whopper. Your entire comment seems way off.
If people want to eat themselves to obesity, go right ahead.....but DO NOT ask fellow citizens to pay for your healthcare with their hard earned money.

The two topics have ZERO to do with each other.

And I know jeep. Great guy. Doubtful that 90% of the crap being said here was ever his intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom