• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about shooting a .308 AR suppressed?

It looks as though that rifle is way overgassed. Setting 1 is almost fully closed. I would still consider a heavy power spring from Sprinco or similar. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it but I would want to be more in the middle so you have wiggle room with different ammo

It looks as though that rifle is way overgassed. Setting 1 is almost fully closed. I would still consider a heavy power spring from Sprinco or similar. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it but I would want to be more in the middle so you have wiggle room with different ammo
Why is that an issue if shooting suppressed? When I shot it before changing the gas block, it was WAY overgassed. I have only used the installed plunger. It shipped with two and they can be changed out when one is over/under gassing. From the manufacturer's FAQ:

Q: What size Plunger should I use?

A: Select the plunger that allows you to use the lower 1/3 to middle portion of Rotation Range One if possible. This allows you to increase gas flow as temperatures cool or your weapon becomes heavily fouled. The Plunger that comes assembled in your Gas Control has been found to be the best choice for general-purpose use with most AR15 cartridges in most configurations. If your unsuppressed setting is above 1-10, use a shorter Plunger. Plungers are available in 0.010" increments. This correlates to a difference of two settings on your Control Knob.

Back
Top Bottom