• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about smiths working on 1911s.....

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
227   0
Reaction score
....I have a 1911 Bullseye pistol that has a sheared off ejector. The "leg" is in the receiver and I cannot tease it out. I've driven the retaining pin out (of course). It seems a fairly straightforward repair (I have the new ejector) but I don't want to buy an expensive jig to hold the frame for one single drillout. Does anyone have experience with a good 1911 guy where when you got your pistol back you didn't fantasize about killing the smith for ****ing up your gun?

I'm not a huge 1911 guy but I know there are some smiths around N. Georgia that are pretty well regarded. We have some here in Middle Georgia but I wouldn't let them work on a Jennings .25 auto.

Pedro Ortiz in Savannah is a well-respected 1911 smith
I may contact him. From some of his comments to the press on the "ghost gun" (non) issue, he seems like a Super Fudd and just the kind of guy that knows all about 1911s and how to fix them.

John Harrison, http://www.harrisoncustom.com/

Not sure if he's taking on new work, but I can completely vouch for his quality of work.

You can do worse, but it's questionable if you can do better in GA.
Thanks, sent him an email. It's a nice Giles Custom Bullseye Colt 1911 so I'm reluctant to use less than a great smith.

I may contact him. From some of his comments to the press on the "ghost gun" (non) issue, he seems like a Super Fudd and just the kind of guy that knows all about 1911s and how to fix them.

He’s top shelf. Highly recommend him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom