• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about story on AJC/WSB...

jawjadawg

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
20   0
Reaction score
This is supposed to be a link to a WSB video I saw on AJC.com. The story starts out with the broadcaster saying what a bizarre answer the defendant gave the judge.

He was seen carrying a BB gun in public, apparently "near" a school. How does the law work on this? A BB gun isn't even a firearm, right? Is it considered a weapon? $25,000 Bond for carrying a BB gun? I might be inclined to give the judge the same answer after being told how much it would cost me to go home for carrying around a BB gun in public.

http://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=97471435001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAFAsZ1c~,8MkVRvW0DmauKT3uAriKKf2yHzTPz5MP&bclid=1716449804&bctid=783216278001

The man is a convicted felon.

An air rifle is considered a firearm.

"Greetings from China" and his tattooed face says it all.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the oppressiveness of our government, he's comparing us to China. Convicted felon and tats or not, he has a point. A felony arrest for carrying a BB gun?! What the he77 sense does that make?

This same guy could have been doing this same thing in the bad old days, say 1960 Alabama, and no one would have cared. This is the results of modern liberalism.

Last edited:
The man is a convicted felon.

An air rifle is considered a firearm.

"Greetings from China" and his tattooed face says it all.

I'd be willing to bet what's left of the dozen donuts I picked up this morning that an air rifle is not considered a firearm. I also didn't see in the story where the guy is a convicted felon, but I might have missed it. I will admit I was generally assuming that to be the case, but nonetheless - an air rifle doesn't meet the BATFE definition of a firearm.

The "Greetings from China", in my opinion, was borderline appropriate. That guy has no chance in our system.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the oppressiveness of our government, he's comparing us to China. Convicted felon and tats or not, he has a point. A felony arrest for carrying a BB gun?! What the he77 sense does that make?

This same guy could have been doing this same thing in the bad old days, say 1960 Alabama, and no one would have cared. This is the results of modern liberalism.

This!!!

a bb gun cant be classified as a firearm or discharging it within city limits would be illegal.

Discharging a BB gun is illegal in the City of Atlanta. That still doesn't make it a firearm. Same goes for shooting a bow and arrow in my backyard. I suspect this is the case in many other municipalities.

Back
Top Bottom