• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question:Carry permit from reciprocating state

Gimmebackmybullets

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
275   0
Reaction score
I need to know if a permit holder from a neighboring reciprocating state( not South Carolina) can legally purchase a firearm in Georgia from a Georgia carry permit holder without said firearm(shotgun)being transferred thru a FFL.

I need to know if a permit holder from a neighboring reciprocating state( not South Carolina) can legally purchase a firearm in Georgia from a Georgia carry permit holder without said firearm(shotgun)being transferred thru a FFL.
No. Interstate purchase requires an FFL.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Are you saying it needs to be shipped from my Local FFL to an FFL in his state?
Only for a handgun. A long gun can be purchased directly from the FFL dealer in a state other than your state of residence. A handgun must be shipped to your state of residence.

Are you saying it needs to be shipped from my Local FFL to an FFL in his state?
You can ship any gun to HIS receiving FFL's location in HIS state for the transfer. He can pay you directly using any number of methods, including escrow (recommended) for high dollar guns. Long guns and long gun receivers can be shipped via USPS economically and handguns may be shipped by common carrier (although they will have expensive requirements , overnight, express, etc.). I have a local FFL that will ship handguns for me for a fee (FFLs can and often do use the USPS for handgun shipments to FFLs in other states). Check with the buyer's receiving FFL to make certain they will accept a shipment from a private individual before you post anything. Some do not.

In any case, include a tag wired or tied to the gun with the buyer's contact information and a photocopy of your driver's license and/or weapons permit so the receiving FFL has your information for his records. It's really quite simple.

Thanks. Its not a really top end gun. Matter of fact, If I had not give the guy my word, Id just keep it due to the hassle.I just want to be legal beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom