• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for glock guys about slide lock issue?

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
no issues before taking to glock. Took it to glock and now the mag with strike +2 baseplate won’t lock back when I pull slide back. All other mags lock back open when I pull slide. Seems odd just on the strike and an ets 9 rounder with grip sleeve. Without grip sleeve, it locks back. Nothing looks wrong at quick glance inside it.

Thanks

no issues before taking to glock. Took it to glock and now the mag with strike +2 baseplate won’t lock back when I pull slide back. All other mags lock back open when I pull slide. Seems odd just on the strike and an ets 9 rounder with grip sleeve. Without grip sleeve, it locks back. Nothing looks wrong at quick glance inside it.

Thanks
Look at your build sheet, they may have replaced some internal parts. Sounds like the base plate/grip sleeve is not letting the mag engage fully.

ck the mag release spring, be sure its under the pin, if not it may catch some of the time, but is not spring loaded fully without being under the pin.

Sounds like the base plate/grip sleeve is not letting the mag engage fully.

This is my initial thoughts the way you describe it. If the factory Glock mags are locking back like they should then it sounds like those strike/ets baseplates could be contacting the magwell and putting downward pressure on the mag which could possibly keep the follower from having enough upward force to engage the slide lock. If you suspect that is the case I would consider using a hand file and filing the upper lips (as little as possible at a time) of the baseplate that are contacting the magwell. Or you could ask Glock to take another look, however they may not do anything if it is functioning with factory Glock mags. I don’t use any ets mags, but I’ve used strike +2, hyves, ghost inc extensions with no problems

Sounds like an issue with the aftermarket baseplates and aftermarket mags. Sometimes, just sometimes, you get what you pay for.

They worked before the trip to glock and they work in my 43 and my wifes that both have the latest 43 internals. This one I took yesterday was my dads. Am thinking something not put in correctly or something. I know I can take back to Glock obviously but rather not have to

If you have new stronger springs (recoil, slide stop, etc) it could all be working against the magazine follower, feed lips, and/or spring that may not be strong enough or quite to spec. If Glock mags work then the Glock is fine. Some aftermarket parts may not be quite on par.

Back
Top Bottom