• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEO\lawyers about contacting a Sheriff, who’s my estranged brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff notes, will try to be unbiased.

My brother is an assistant Sheriff, been in law enforcement for 25ish years.

IMHO, he’s become a tyrant but that’s subjective and my personal opinion.

My family are all good people, most with honorable military service.

Only one of my other brothers has a violent felony record, not me, and no one else in my family.

With the exception of this one brother, none us us have even a traffic citation in at least 20+ years.

I got a ticket 20 years ago for tinted windows. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That’s it.

My “cop” brother cut our entire family off about 7-8 years ago because of a disrespectful conversation he had with my mother.

Things he said to her, I will not tolerate.

In fairness, I said some pretty nasty things. All true, but still nasty.

Because of this, he hasn’t spoken to any of our family in almost 8 years.

Not that I need to defend my actions, I’d like to be the bigger man and apologize and try to reestablish comms and ultimately have my brother back, with whom I love.

Blood is blood in my book.

He has also NO clue the devastation he’s caused our mother!

With that said, I’ve tried to reach out over the years with responding threats that he’d have me arrested for harassment ect ect ... hence tyrant attitude.

I was extremely rude and disrespectful when this all started, but have been nothing but respectful, cordial, and nice ever since.

I’ll also point out, during his threats towards me for contacting him, never ONCE has he specifically asked, requested, or demanded any type of “no contact”

Sorry y’all for a long, TMI, prelude so here’s my question....

For weeks, I’ve been contacting his agency to see if I can speak with him.

I’ve been told everytime that he’s unavailable.

I’ll call everyday until he communicates with me.

Being a public servant, I have that right as long as I stay within the law of that state/county, correct?
I'd just leave a message for him with whoever there answers the phone, "Would you please tell him I want to work things out, AND who knows? He might need a kidney one day."

Blood is thicker than water is the biggest BS excuse for taking **** off family members they would never tolerate from a friend. I heard my POS alcoholic brother that destroyed his family, financially bled my parents, lost another of many jobs is bed-ridden and dying from cirrhosis of the liver and I don’t give two flying ****s. POS spent his whole life making everyone around him miserable so **** him.

It appears he doesn't want to talk to you. I cant imagine you harassing him convincing him that you are want to make things right. While you are ready maybe he is not. Write him a letter and maybe even send him a copy every few months this way you know in your heart you have done what you should do. If he reads the letter or accepts the apology is up to him

I would suggest writing a short letter to him, saying you are sorry for your actions and would like to rekindle your relationship.
Be polite, cordial, and say that his Mother misses him.

Send it certified so you know he got it, and if no contact, drop the subject.

As Palmettomoon stated, No good deed goes unpunished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom