• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEO\lawyers about contacting a Sheriff, who’s my estranged brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not spoken to my oldest brother in 15yrs he became Woke and felt that only his ideas mattered. Before my Mom passed she ask me to make up with him, before it was to late for her to see her kids all together. We made up, and I will speak to him if I have to, but my wife hates his guts. He now lives in Alaska with my other brother, I'm glad because he will never come to Georgia. I think this is best because, I refuse to do a family reunion in Alaska.

Cliff notes, will try to be unbiased.

My brother is an assistant Sheriff, been in law enforcement for 25ish years.

IMHO, he’s become a tyrant but that’s subjective and my personal opinion.

My family are all good people, most with honorable military service.

Only one of my other brothers has a violent felony record, not me, and no one else in my family.

With the exception of this one brother, none us us have even a traffic citation in at least 20+ years.

I got a ticket 20 years ago for tinted windows. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That’s it.

My “cop” brother cut our entire family off about 7-8 years ago because of a disrespectful conversation he had with my mother.

Things he said to her, I will not tolerate.

In fairness, I said some pretty nasty things. All true, but still nasty.

Because of this, he hasn’t spoken to any of our family in almost 8 years.

Not that I need to defend my actions, I’d like to be the bigger man and apologize and try to reestablish comms and ultimately have my brother back, with whom I love.

Blood is blood in my book.

He has also NO clue the devastation he’s caused our mother!

With that said, I’ve tried to reach out over the years with responding threats that he’d have me arrested for harassment ect ect ... hence tyrant attitude.

I was extremely rude and disrespectful when this all started, but have been nothing but respectful, cordial, and nice ever since.

I’ll also point out, during his threats towards me for contacting him, never ONCE has he specifically asked, requested, or demanded any type of “no contact”

Sorry y’all for a long, TMI, prelude so here’s my question....

For weeks, I’ve been contacting his agency to see if I can speak with him.

I’ve been told everytime that he’s unavailable.

I’ll call everyday until he communicates with me.

Being a public servant, I have that right as long as I stay within the law of that state/county, correct?

I don't know about the state law where he resides, but in GA, if someone tells you to stop contacting them, it is a crime to continue contacting them.
His being a public servant does not give you a right to continue trying to contact him at work about personal matters.
He's not being a tyrant by telling you to leave him alone. You are the one that is trying to force unwanted contact.

Sounds you like you tried to make amends but he isn't having it. You can't force a man to sit across from you and listen to you plead your case.

You've done your part and extended your hand. The ball is in his court now. If he doesn't want to play, there is nothing you can do. Be at peace knowing you tried.

Sorry this has all gone north on you. Is your mom still alive? She may be the only path back. Like others have mentioned, you gotta quit calling him.

Blood is thicker than water but it is usually a family member that makes the most trouble for you. If you have tried numerous times for reconciliation it is time to let it go. The ball is in his court now.
This 100 per cent.

He knows you are trying to reach him. He is a grown ass man, and it's his decision to not respond, you need to just roll with it, every one get on with their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom