• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for the PHD's of C & R

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Is it me or is the following happening in milsurp:

Prices through the roof

Supply is depleted

Ammo inflationed

Is this just a cycle?
Will restrictions lifted eventually increase supply?
Will prices level out?

Just a weird time in the market...or it could be just me

I don't see prices coming down until there is an increase in supply.

For example, if Classic Arms got a couple of containers of K31's in for $240 each then K31's will come down in price...same thing with Swiss ammo.

Supposedly some conflicts across the globe are artificially drying up other ammo supplies like 7.62x54R but who knows?

The "fact of the matter is" - and I hate that saying - but the old stuff isn't being made any more (for the most part) and it's a supply vs demand thing at that point.

I don't see prices leveling out for any milsurp unless there is an undiscovered cache of Garands, Carcanos, Mausers, etc...prices are just going to go up until we reach a point where the millenials could give a rat's ass and then the prices will plummet when all the collectors die off and there's no one to take their place to pay the inflated prices...

So yeah, if we don't instill an appreciation of the past in future generations I see Garands selling for fifty bucks if we don't teach our children to respect the acts of previous generations. Let's face it, they're heavy, have limited capacity, and the ammo is expensive!

I have twin boys so I have to have two of everything to pass to them when I'm gone.

the price is reflected by the amount on the market vs the amount in existence. How many folks her on the odt own so many of a type of rifle that they could start a mini museum? in perhaps 40 years or so the market will be flooded by the sale of inheritances to children or grandchildren that don't want most or any of their elders rifles

Milsurp is the worst. I just bought a nickel plated glock. I ain't even posting a pic.
someone nickle plated a glock.... it takes all kinds

the price is reflected by the amount on the market vs the amount in existence. How many folks her on the odt own so many of a type of rifle that they could start a mini museum? in perhaps 40 years or so the market will be flooded by the sale of inheritances to children or grandchildren that don't want most or any of their elders rifles

someone nickle plated a glock.... it takes all kinds

Mini museum....lol

I don't see prices coming down until there is an increase in supply.

For example, if Classic Arms got a couple of containers of K31's in for $240 each then K31's will come down in price...same thing with Swiss ammo.

Supposedly some conflicts across the globe are artificially drying up other ammo supplies like 7.62x54R but who knows?

The "fact of the matter is" - and I hate that saying - but the old stuff isn't being made any more (for the most part) and it's a supply vs demand thing at that point.

I don't see prices leveling out for any milsurp unless there is an undiscovered cache of Garands, Carcanos, Mausers, etc...prices are just going to go up until we reach a point where the millenials could give a rat's ass and then the prices will plummet when all the collectors die off and there's no one to take their place to pay the inflated prices...

That's the point. Finite supply, and 99% of it's gone through the market already. There's been no major conflict post WW II to generate stockpiles of surplus arms.

Back
Top Bottom