• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for those who live around bears

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
My wife and I had an interesting experience in a small neighborhood off Highway 52 between Ellijay and Chatsworth last Saturday, and it's made us curious.

Driving through this neighborhood we spotted a decent sized black bear in a driveway. Not more than 30 - 40 feet away from the bear was a guy in his front yard sawing away on some lumber.

The bear started heading right for the guy who was focused on his work. We got alarmed, and I backed up 30 feet or so, and my wife advised the guy a bear was heading for him now about 10 feet away. He looked at us like it was nothing, said something along the lines of "We live with bears up here", and went back to sawing like there was no reason for concern whatsoever - lol. He didn't even turn his head to look for the bear. He was focused was on sawing and nothing else.

The bear ended up pretty much ignoring the guy and moved off in a different direction. After moving on, we didn't hear any screams or mauling. :)

So my question, do you folks who live in areas with frequent bear encounters merely ignore bears in close proximity to you?

The other day outside of Helen. Stupid young bear eating bird seed. They are like the honey badger.

Attachments

• 20220819_081334.jpg
    20220819_081334.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom