• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for you 22 match shooters.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
I got a Bergara B14R 22 LR coming and I was wondering what power and type of scope to put on it for matches?

Thinking around the 1000-1500 dollar range price wise.

Buy an Athlon 10x40x56... SFP... For benchrest 50-100 yard work... can be used for other also... fine target dot... Spend the money on ammo... The rifle may like cheap stuff OR really expensive stuff... test many brands... You will find that the rifle starts shooting better after at least 500 rounds down the barrel...

Buy an Atlon 10x40x56... SFP... For benchrest 50-100 yard work... can be used for other also... fine target dot... Spend the money on ammo... The rifle may like cheap stuff OR really expensive stuff... test many brands... You will find that the rifle starts shooting better after at least 500 rounds down the barrel...
This the scope?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022373649?pid=377289

Buy an Athlon 10x40x56... SFP... For benchrest 50-100 yard work... can be used for other also... fine target dot... Spend the money on ammo... The rifle may like cheap stuff OR really expensive stuff... test many brands... You will find that the rifle starts shooting better after at least 500 rounds down the barrel...
The one issue with that scope I see is it is not good past 200? According to a review. I need out to 380 yards for my range.

I would not buy again . would return if i could
Submitted 1 year ago
By Montana
From Washington
Verified Buyer
If you are going to use this scope for 100-200 yard shooting it would be fine . Past 300 yards I can not even make out the target because it is so blurry . This was also confirmed to me by Athlon in an email . SCOPE LIMIT IS 200 YARDS

All my shooting has been 200 and under... Therefore, the scope has been outstanding for us... the field is wide open for that distance... I'm sure others will chime in with scopes that will fit that range or distance that you have to shoot with...

I'm running a Meopta Optika 6 4.5x27 on mine. Get good mounts/rings for whatever you get and torque them down properly.

Up to you what brand you prefer to use but anything 5x25 or 4x27 make sure you can get 85 - 100 MOA of overall ele travel in the turrets. Get a 45 - 50 MOA rail and use the 50yd zero. I’d look at the Vortex Strike Eagle 5x25 personally and any competition you go to the all use and call everything in Mils but MOA is fine if you prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom