• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for you 22 match shooters.

I use the EOTech Vudoo 3-18 on my .22LR. You want a minimum of a 20 MOA base and enough internal travel to get you out to 400 yards.

I also like the Bushnell LRHS, DMRII, and XRSII. You can find those all in the used market for $1000 and under. I got my DMRIIs for $800 each.

Here you go. I just eley match because that’s the closest I have in my ballistic calculator.

48A72642-4C74-4A4F-B724-3BA8282EF6CA.jpeg

As you can see you need a scope with 38 mils total internal travel to get you to 400 yards. You can have a 20 MOA base to negate this. Like my eotech has 29 mil of internal travel so the 20 MOA converts to 6 mils. So I still technically wouldn’t be able to make it to 400 yards dialing. I would have to dial and then use my reticle (H59) to get to 400.

Also you want a quality scope because the closer you track towards the fringes of the scopes total adjust you start to see more error in tracking and you lose optical clarity. On cheaper models, there is degradation on edge to edge reliability and clarity.

If shooting Nrl and Prs style matches, FFP is a must and get as much elevation adjustment as you can get. You will be using that full elevation range in rimfire matches, and then some. 34mm tube, or more generally. Nice having parallax down to at least 25 yards, but not necessary.

If you step your price up just a bit, the Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 is great for rimfire. For under a grand, the Meopta Optika 6 5-30 is great. (No other optika 6 scope, just the 5-30. Dont bail on it for a cheaper scope that sounds close for lesser money). There are other very usable scopes, but those would be my top 2 in that price range.

Here you go. I just eley match because that’s the closest I have in my ballistic calculator.

View attachment 4365423

As you can see you need a scope with 38 mils total internal travel to get you to 400 yards. You can have a 20 MOA base to negate this. Like my eotech has 29 mil of internal travel so the 20 MOA converts to 6 mils. So I still technically wouldn’t be able to make it to 400 yards dialing. I would have to dial and then use my reticle (H59) to get to 400.

Also you want a quality scope because the closer you track towards the fringes of the scopes total adjust you start to see more error in tracking and you lose optical clarity. On cheaper models, there is degradation on edge to edge reliability and clarity.
I'm running 40moa in my rail and I can dial 500 with the Gen 3 razor.

Here is the person to ask. Burdy Burdy will steer you in the right direction as I think he has used most of the stuff on the market.
I think ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 already has it covered. I have a .22 trainer, built for such a thing, however, for one thing, I just shoot WWB through it and secondly, I mostly use it to amuse myself and shoot things the wife doesn't really want to cook. I know the guys that shoot matches tend to be more anal about how low the parallax goes than I would be. Mine, naturally, has a Vudu 5-25 Tremor 3 on it to match my .308.

I think ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 already has it covered. I have a .22 trainer, built for such a thing, however, for one thing, I just shoot WWB through it and secondly, I mostly use it to amuse myself and shoot things the wife doesn't really want to cook. I know the guys that shoot matches tend to be more anal about how low the parallax goes than I would be. Mine, naturally, has a Vudu 5-25 Tremor 3 on it to match my .308.

WARNING: Thread Hijack

I am not a fan of the tremor 3. Is it something you get use to or does it have a special purpose in its design?

Back
Top Bottom