• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question: Has deal of the day gone to joke of the day?

nope its not a joke. we still see "real" deal of the days. but since this is a safe space and we cant say "are you kidding with that price,did you bump your head or just eat rat poison?". the "not so much a deal of the day" has become a way of saying what we are thinking..
you cant get that price on ammo and guns here. we have ammo and guns. since gun shows are closed as of now. the people who would buy at that price are not available.
so "deal of the day" is real and also a reality check,or at least a way to give us all a good laugh...

Maybe I need to read your comment here a fourth time, but it seems like you state the "DOTD" is a real thing, then completely reverse your own position by the end. Can you make up your mind and clarify please?

In my humble experience, it seems to have originally started as a real "DOTD", but for at least several months it's been a joke. Maybe longer. I don't typically care to swim in these waters often.

Maybe I need to read your comment here a fourth time, but it seems like you state the "DOTD" is a real thing, then completely reverse your own position by the end. Can you make up your mind and clarify please?

In my humble experience, it seems to have originally started as a real "DOTD", but for at least several months it's been a joke. Maybe longer. I don't typically care to swim in these waters often.

no
its both. so if you see a good deal you mark it. if its a stupid deal you mark it.
so as it functions DOTD pops up,glock 19 for 200 bucks (real) and you try and snag it.
DOTD pops up,stippled glock 19 with a spray paint finish thats worn out for 700 (fake) and you get a laugh.
it serves as both, good deal you check it out,bumped your head price you check it out.
its like boobies,you want to see all of them,but only touch a few..

As Spinal Tap sang on Break Like the Wind:

"We're back from the dead, woke up from our coma, forgive the bad aroma,
"We're back from the dead"

I had to revive / resuscitate this thread after seeing some of the latest "Deal of the Day" voting.

I'm going to have to stop looking at them if I don't want to have a Pepsi Syndrome on my keyboard every day (look up Pepsi Syndrome Saturday Night Live, then look up the China Syndrome, then look up Two Mile Island).

Seriously, can we make the DotD a real thing and not feed the (I'm at a loss for the word that would best describe those people listing their items for such outrageous, or perhaps humorous, prices)!

Back
Top Bottom