• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on Kongsberg Display at CMP Talladega -

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
Okay ODT - my google fu is weak.

Can anyone tell me if the display on the Kongsberg target system is to scale?

For example, on the SR-1 100yd target the x-ring is 1.35" and the 10-ring is 3.35".

So is the electronic display to scale where you could put a ruler on the screen to measure spread?

IMG_1766.JPG

Or maybe that's what the "Zoom" feature is for?

Okay ODT - my google fu is weak.

Can anyone tell me if the display on the Kongsberg target system is to scale?

For example, on the SR-1 100yd target the x-ring is 1.35" and the 10-ring is 3.35".

So is the electronic display to scale where you could put a ruler on the screen to measure spread?

View attachment 1589046

Or maybe that's what the "Zoom" feature is for?
No, it's not. The way to get group size is to get to the screen that shows C-C size. Look at the lower left of the screen in your pic. At the 100 yard range it is measured in centimeters and at the 600 yard range it is measured in millimeters. Then you have to convert to inches.

I may have the unit measurement reversed on which range has which.

If the unit is millimeter, your group size in this pic is 4.610 inches center to center, but that includes all the shots on the screen. That's why it's important to clear the screen before each time you shoot a group.

I don't know and neither did the SRO last time I was there. Frustrating. Seems like with all the math going on already it would simply calculate it.
Yeah, they also didn't realize the unit of measurement was different on the two ranges. I've pointed it out to them twice now. No change. However, the RO I spoke to did know about where to get the info from the screen and calculate it. Just not that the unit was different.

It would make sense that they would use mm at 100yds and cm at 600.

Thanks!

I was hoping I could just throw a tape measure on the screen and be done with it!

Back
Top Bottom