• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question regarding electrical generators for medical purposes. ...

deller

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
My wife. Who just spent 6 days in the ICU. ( thanks for your prayers ) Requires a high level of oxygen 24 7. A large bulky oxygen tank may be good for a day. She requires a 5 to 6 liter oxygen flow.
Does anyone have experience with medicare coverage of generators in the event of power outages?

I was afraid that was the case Jaybird. In the past 2 Months I've taken her too the ER twice and had too call for an ambulance once.

Same for my brother in law. Needed 5-6 units, portable ones would not go over 5. Same with Medicare, they would not pay for portable one. There is a large stationary one that produces almost 10, plugged into the wall outlet. Medicare did pay for that one, might want to check with your provider.

My MIL was on level 8 on her concentrator.
She was on a medical priority list for power restoration with her power company, which got her service back quickly. Be sure to do this.
Had a huge O2 cylinder for backup. This replaced the multiple smaller tanks stored in her garage for backup. Oxygen company was very good about emergency servicing during extended power outages.
Concentrator and emergency tank covered by Medicare.
I would buy the cheapest generator that provided enough power for her concentrator and keep it fueled and run occasionally as additional backup.

Back
Top Bottom