• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question regarding P80 built pistols

Thanks for the replies, I don't intend on building another one, only reason I did in the first place is the current administration didn't like us doing that, I'd been assemblying AR's for years, figured I would build my own custom 19 clone, and try out the latest fad, the red dots,,, just decided I didn't like the optics thing

But I seem to recall something about ATF's definition of who is "engaged in the business" being changed, so ATF may take the position that if you build a gun for the purpose of selling it for a profiit--even one gun!--- you might trigger the law that applies to manufacturers /dealers.

I definitely would not be selling any homemade gun that I haven't owned for at least a year and taken out shooting on multiple occasions.
Basically it has always been that if you buy (or build) a gun with the intent to sell then you are engaged in the business and require an FFL. In the case of building, that would be an 07 manufacturers FFL. If you built it or bought it and decided you didn't like it then it is fine to sell it. As long as the original intent was not to sell you should be fine to the best of my knowledge. And yes, that actually means one gun. If you buy one gun with the intent to sell then you are engaged in the firearms business and need a license. The problem is, how do they prove intent?

Back
Top Bottom