• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Questions about new Constitutional Carry law, can I now shoot on site?

I am always amazed at how long it takes a law to become common knowledge.

Post the question about mag capacity for hunting deer, and some will respond "5".

Still people who think you have to carry a concealed weapon in a holster (used to be the law).

People who think an 18 year old can't buy or own a handgun (never has been the law).

And the really alarming thing is a lot of those people are LEO.
I thought you had to be 21 to buy a handgun. These days, that age is just a multiplier for me.

So now that we no longer need a background check and mentally ill drug addicts, father rapers and general misfits can buy AR13s and can open carry in schools, do I need justification to shoot someone, or can I just shoot willy nilly on site?

I ask this because this is how one of my MSNBC watching, NPR listening to friends, asked me today about the new Constitutional carry law.
It depends on your sight. Private property? Gun range? Where you can legally shoot hasn’t changed.

If you can shoot on SIGHT the laws haven’t changed. Some people will make felony stupid mistakes

I don't get out much. Has anyone noticed an increase in obviously armed individuals wondering around? Anybody sporting a "big iron on his hip?"
I know most of us who've always CC haven't made any adjustments but I'm curious about the average man on the street who isn't emersed in the firearms culture.

If someone was inclined to carry a firearm, especially a person not legally allowed to own one, they will carry one legal or not. Crazy people, strung out drug addicts and felons don’t typically follow the law. This just allows legal firearm owners to not ask permission to exercise their 2nd amendment.
Great answer..

Back
Top Bottom