• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Questions

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
214   0
Reaction score
As many of you know I am helping an older friend get rid of stuff from his father. He was a big time competition shooter in the 50's and 60's. In the pile of "stuff" is a bunch of paper shotgun shells (very few in original boxes). I have about 100 or so paper hulls that are primed and powdered-what is this worth (if anything)? Does ANYONE still load paper? I have several hundred paper shells about half factory and half reloads that are in perfect condition. No bulges or problems. If there is not a market, I will try to get them and shoot them myself. If there is a market for paper then I promised the family I would get the most possible money for the stuff. Even the four or five plastic shells are plugged and not crimped. Opinions welcome!!!

Posted some pictures, those are the shotshells not boxed.

I also have a pile of once fired .30 carbine, all is military so I would think it is Lake City and I have a box of empty .30 carbine stripper clips. What is the value of these??? I have a carbine but seldom (read never) shoot the thing so I have no need for the brass. Again just trying to make the money for the estate. Is $.10-.15 a case too much??? What is the stripper clips worth if anything????

Attachments

• morestuff 016.JPG
    morestuff 016.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 35
  • morestuff 012.JPG
    morestuff 012.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 35
  • morestuff 013.JPG
    morestuff 013.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 35
  • morestuff 014.JPG
    morestuff 014.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 33
  • morestuff 015.JPG
    morestuff 015.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 35
I would have loved to have had the paper shells just for the shear novelty of them, but you're very far away and I wouldn't have any idea what to offer you, even if you were close. I have no idea if they're worth anything to anybody considering their age...

Nice of you to help them out - I hope you can sell it all. GLWS

For the shotshells, I would recommend joining one of the many shotgun enthusiast forums and listing them, or at least asking for opinions. There may be some specialty hulls that have collector value worth more than the rest of the stuff.

The carbine brass is probably worth about 15 to 25 cents each, sold online (new Starline carbine brass goes for 30 cents in 100 qty). Not sure about the stripper clips.

Back
Top Bottom