• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick healthy dinners?

Probably doesn't meet the healthy criteria; but it was quick. Last night I had Marie Callender's frozen meatloaf, corn, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Tasted better than it looks.

View attachment 1959905

With all due respect.....that's so sad to me. It is so easy to throw something together that is more tasty and better for you. I hope your wine of choice is at least decent.

Depends on your definition of 'healthy'.

As far as processed foods, the only thing I've found from a fat/cholesterol standpoint that I'd personally eat (I unfortunately hate almost all vegetables) was this. https://smartlabel.labelinsight.com/product/4638830/nutrition
Tastes pretty amazing for out of the box, but yeah, plenty of salt.

mc-thai-styl-ckn-ndl-8115z-91843.png

I'm trying to figure this out as well. Dr made it very clear I HAVE to make some changes, it's been almost a week now...very very few carbs/sugar/fake sugar. I've had almost all the salad I can stand. My issue isn't the meals themselves, it's when I want a snack. I love bananas but they have a good amount of carbs, and I don't always want an apple.

I keep a bunch of boiled eggs in the fridge for snacks, low carb yogurt. Beef jerky. There are some lower carb cheese/wheat crackers out there. I do have 2 pieces of bread in the morning with a little bit of peanut butter, lol! Carbs are funny when it comes to bread...a lot of bread is over 20 carbs per slice, but some like the one I bought is 18 carbs for 2 slices. Gotta really read those labels...

Cook some chicken like someone else said, and it's good leftover. You can buy bags of fresh veggies and poke holes in the bag, microwave them to steam them in the bag also.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. Dr made it very clear I HAVE to make some changes, it's been almost a week now...very very few carbs/sugar/fake sugar. I've had almost all the salad I can stand. My issue isn't the meals themselves, it's when I want a snack. I love bananas but they have a good amount of carbs, and I don't always want an apple.

I keep a bunch of boiled eggs in the fridge for snacks, low carb yogurt. Beef jerky. There are some lower carb cheese/wheat crackers out there. I do have 2 pieces of bread in the morning with a little bit of peanut butter, lol! Carbs are funny when it comes to bread...a lot of bread is over 20 carbs per slice, but some like the one I bought is 18 carbs for 2 slices. Gotta really read those labels...

Cook some chicken like someone else said, and it's good leftover. You can buy bags of fresh veggies and poke holes in the bag, microwave them to steam them in the bag also.
Try some of these two together.

7f14eb3e-860f-457c-9668-86e0d87fa4fd_3.dfb9b6b35ae77e10377248edd9c8c077.png

216f1480-d22c-46ec-9984-696e4d90db14_2.72ab64499f6fcb877bef14eeff45d97d.jpeg-d293bce4712431449de6664aee8483577be9800b-optim-450x450.jpg

You gotta meal prep. I mainly do it for the time constraint and availability to cook every night after work, gym, and sports with the kids(gymnastics, running, soccer, etc)

It will also keep you from becoming a fat ass lol.

With all due respect.....that's so sad to me. It is so easy to throw something together that is more tasty and better for you. I hope your wine of choice is at least decent.
I do the frozen food thing ....maybe....three or four times a year. I usually do my own prep; but sometimes I just feel like taking a break. Regarding the wine....I never scrimp there. I always buy the best to be had for under five dollars a bottle. :D

Back
Top Bottom