• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick Interview for a college student's project about glove usage in Construction

Rogue Wolf

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
6   0
Reaction score
Hello, I am a Biomedical Engineering undergrad student at Georgia Tech along with being a fellow member of this website.
My group and I are attempting to come up with redesigning the material and structure of gloves. We would like to ask a few question about your experience with gloves though first.
I was hoping I could grab as many people as possible for a ten to twenty minute interview this weekend or Monday about their experience in the construction field.
This does not mean you have to be an actual construction worker(primary user) now or current , but related to the occupation as a secondary or tertiary user works too. This is includes but not limited to pretty much all blue collar workers that use gloves to be honest.

If interested please send me a message and I will set up a time to interview you! Virtual work/ phone/text/

I'll offer this unsolicited opinion:
99.9% of gloves I've ever seen in my life are made to fit robot hands, not human hands & fingers.

These gloves are designed for cheap assembly in a factory, with minimum cutting and minimum waste of the materials.
They sacrifice the fit to the human hand.

I'll offer this unsolicited opinion:
99.9% of gloves I've ever seen in my life are made to fit robot hands, not human hands & fingers.

These gloves are designed for cheap assembly in a factory, with minimum cutting and minimum waste of the materials.
They sacrifice the fit to the human hand.
I've never had any issues with MaxiFlex gloves, like these... WAY better than anything youll find at the local hardware or autoparts store.

1645646004484.png

I've never had any issues with MaxiFlex gloves, like these... WAY better than anything youll find at the local hardware or autoparts store.

View attachment 4021076
Both of those gloves are designed to be worn on the RIGHT hand...so I see one issue with them, and no I dont recall ever getting a pair that fit like that at the hardware store!! LoL

Gloves that were naturally moisture wicking or at least breathable for sweat but also water resistant by nature of the material would be neat. Always sucks to be working with concrete on a cold morning at 4am and your glove gets soaked washing a rake or chute. Maybe a scotch guard or teflon impregnated fabric would do that.
The soft palm mechanic gloves tear up too easily on the fingers.

The stitching or seams are the weakness point in all gloves, they usually wear out before the material does, especially web of the hand area between the index finger and thumb.

Back
Top Bottom