• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quickest Way To Trim Brass

I thought the Dillon powder funnel would flair the case end a bit? I manually measured and loaded the 50 test rounds. Next I’ll load them on the press and see if it makes a difference.

Dillon rifle powder funnels do not flair.

With the exception of the 30 Carbine powder funnel which by the way can be used with 30 blackout if you wish to flair case neck this way.

I had one and sold it. I like the M Die better. Just my personal preference.

Use M dies for bulk 5.56, 300 blackout, and M1 Garand ammo.

There are all kinds of similar solutions from different manufacturers. I just prefer the M Die.

We had the privilege to talk with Doug Giraud, a few days ago told him Thanks, for his machinery, and his fabulous, organization, his wife would help me get what we needed for many, many, many calibers. Then we told him how much we enjoyed talking with her. Then Doug, told us that unfortunately we would not be able to talk with any more with her, as she had been fighting a very rare and little know about cancer for 3 years and gotten worse. Her fight was over in OCTOBER 2020. We were very shocked to his news, he knew that we lost our wife 20 years ago come FEBRUARY 2022.

Several on here have lost their wives also. Love your wife and cherish them and let them know it...

Get a Lyman M Die. Flair the neck just a little, makes bulk loading SO much easier in with flat base bullets.

Not great for precision work, but then for this your probably not bulk loading.
Where are you finding the M dies? I have had a 300 aac on backorder with dillion for months

I have a RT1500 mounted on my Apex 10. Swaging, sizing and trimming 2,000 cases per hour all at the same time with no problem.
I have a video but I am not sure if it's allowed for upload. If it is maybe someone could help me with how to attach.

Dillon rifle powder funnels do not flair.

With the exception of the 30 Carbine powder funnel which by the way can be used with 30 blackout if you wish to flair case neck this way.
Their funnels do however for pistol cases and most straight wall cases. I too use the 30 carbine powder die in my 300 BLK. I also use a Lee expansion die on those other cartridges that do not for cast boolit seating.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom