• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quickie regarding modifying ammo

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Now I've seen accounts of people drilling out projectiles to make a sort of makeshift HP, and a certain cinematic adventure (think Robert Deniro) where he cuts an "x" into the tip of a bullet. Now I'm unsure of the reasoning behind this, but assume it has something to do with ensuring the bullet will fragment and be more lethal. Now looking past the whole "unsafe/dangerous" thing, is this even legal? Seems if it could be proven, any attorney worth his/her weight could destroy someone in court with this. Anyways, always been curious of this after seeing these. Your thoughts?

its your bullet

why are you in court under these circumstances haha

Lol I'm not..let's say a defensive situation presents itself..you kill someone (in defense) and they find and prove that the round used was "modified to be more lethal"..seems like in our brainwashed liberal society that would be severely frowned upon

A prosecuting attorney may use anything and everything against a shooter even in a good shoot. You are correct when you open up the tip it may increase the odds it will deform and cause more injury.

Today’s SD ammo has been extensively tested and is really good. Best to spend the coin on factory "self-defense" rounds rather than lilred rogue rockets specifically designed to maim and injure developed in your dungeon.

Yeah I'm thinking the same..decent (see "not top shelf") SD ammo can be had cheap enough that it's not worth the potential hassle and the possible problems it could cause when that trigger is pulled..doesn't take much to throw something off mechanically

I agree but with one exception, if you're hunting vampires it helps to carve a cross into the tip of a FMJ round, I learned that from the movies! :D

Back
Top Bottom