• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quiz on Weight of Sign

Is it legal to carry beyond this sign?

• yes, certainly. Signs on private property have no force of law

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • yes, but only outside of the building(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think yes, but the law is less than clear.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, it is not legal to carry.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • You can carry a sack of tacos past that sign, no problemo senior.

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Legal by the letter of the law? I'm not sure but if it was a place I was going once outdoors, I would carry on. Of it was a place I was going to frequently I would go back and take the sign down.

Problem solved, I am sure there is the right answer coming after a couple more post.

Last time I checked anyone can kick you off of private property. However an employee can only be prohibited from having a gun in his vehicle by the employer if the parking lot is secured and access is controlled.

D9478716-4938-44D9-9814-FB7601F7C74A.png

At the very bottom of this sign refers to the written law and even then...

“A company or other private property owner may not preemptively prohibit the carrying of firearms on its private property by the public in general, but rather it may only ask a person carrying a weapon to leave, after the fact, under threat of a criminal trespassing charge”

View attachment 1563701

At the very bottom of this sign refers to the written law and even then...

“A company or other private property owner may not preemptively prohibit the carrying of firearms on its private property by the public in general, but rather it may only ask a person carrying a weapon to leave, after the fact, under threat of a criminal trespassing charge”
Don't try this on Georgia Power Property, you'll be fired. Even with just ammo without a weapon.

Slow your roll goob. You take yourself way too seriously. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this site. Where have you been? Come up with a new 'issue' if you need to sell twenty more copies of your book.

Not defending or bashing anyone.....

For the record, the "goob" is either a lawyer (former prosecutor) or certified instructor. Not sure which one has/uses the ODT account.

I think it was an honest question not an attempt to sell books or stir up ****. It is the ODT, and the lunatics do run this asylum which is why we always end up here..:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom