• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quiz on Weight of Sign

Is it legal to carry beyond this sign?

• yes, certainly. Signs on private property have no force of law

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • yes, but only outside of the building(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think yes, but the law is less than clear.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, it is not legal to carry.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • You can carry a sack of tacos past that sign, no problemo senior.

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow....

Very, very, very few places I cannot carry as a citizen in the state of Georgia other then the mandatory buildings owned by local government like the tag office, courthouse, federal, police Dpt, etc.
GTFO

My understanding if the entry is not restricted and/or metal detectors and all you can carry now. Tag office should be no issue now, IF I am not mistaken

There is only someone manning the metal detectors on court days during court, and if ur not going to court then u don't even have to go through them

The only reason I can think of that would make it illegal would be if the private property happened to be a school. Otherwise, legal until asked to leave.

Did I pass the quiz?

Yep, Whitmo, that's right. The sign was at Breneau University, a private college.

Brenau Univ logo.jpg

Which means unless you meet one of the rare and narrow exceptions (the most common and helpful is the exception if you're there dropping off or picking up a student attending that institution) it's off-limits.
The grounds too, not just in the buildings.
No signage is required.
No need to give you any warning.
No need to give you a chance to retreat and lock the weapon up and come back unarmed.
You can be immediately arrested for a gun law violation, not a criminal trespass violation.

Although, for a GWL holder, it's only a misdemeanor-level crime. (Though one that can still trigger a revocation of your license for the next 5 years).

Among the poll choices, ones within this range were correct
:

-- I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.
-- Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!" (Pulp Fiction quote, just before Travolta's 1911 goes off).
-- I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.
-- I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

THe best answers are the ones where you say you're not sure, because you need more details of the facts and circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom