• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quiz on Weight of Sign

Is it legal to carry beyond this sign?

• yes, certainly. Signs on private property have no force of law

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • yes, but only outside of the building(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think yes, but the law is less than clear.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, it is not legal to carry.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • You can carry a sack of tacos past that sign, no problemo senior.

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as long as its not a gov. building (school, bank, court, ext.) you can carry but if you are asked to leave because you chose to ignore then you got to go.

Among the poll choices, ones within this range were correct
:

-- I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.
-- Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!" (Pulp Fiction quote, just before Travolta's 1911 goes off).
-- I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.
-- I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

THe best answers are the ones where you say you're not sure, because you need more details of the facts and circumstances.

and this one...

You can carry a sack of tacos past that sign, no problemo senior.

Wow....

This thread is a complete fail due to the non serious responses thus far and you want to single me out? GTFO

This post was actually good, and I don't disagree with most of it OR the main point of your prior post, which boils down to "be discreet and keep it concealed, behave yourself, and everything will probably be OK." I follow that philosophy myself a lot, including sometimes in off-limits locations.

The trouble is, that's NOT what this thread is for. It's a serious question about a fine point of Georgia gun laws, and I think that we should have at least SOME such threads here, instead of every thread being filled with a bunch of minimally-relevant opinions, feelings, bravado, chest-thumping, and citations to the 2A as "the only permit I'll ever need."

It was wrong to single you out, when, as Galvatron observed, this is the norm for ODT where the inmates run the asylum. I should have known better than to expect any more than a couple of direct answers that stick to the letter of the law, among dozens of crap posts where people just take the opportunity to sound off with whatever's on their mind.

as long as its not a gov. building (school, bank, court, ext.) you can carry but if you are asked to leave because you chose to ignore then you got to go.

BGodfrey, this is one of those cases where it's a school, but not a government school.
The main difference is that a private school has a more free hand to easily give written permission to somebody to carry there, while a public school that wants to arm people for the defense of the school and protection of its students has to go through a big and complicated program with the Board of Education, and that permission won't be given until you've been trained, background checked again, etc.

WTF... nobody gives a crap about your willingless to break a law if you think you can get away with it. Thats not the question.
Read the question.
If you just wanna run your mouth on the topic of carrying wherever you want without regard to the law, free to start your own thread .
This is the legal forum --about gun laws. It's not about how comfortable you are with ignoring the law because nobody will know you're carrying anyway.

Which Law?

... But the Ga law says courthouse. Most places I go to that have a courtroom inside the courthouse now screen at the entrance to the courthouse...

That's right. The law says courthouse, which is defined as the entire BUILDING where any room is "occupied" by a judicial court. I think that just means where the court regularly meets and holds court, even if it has other locations as well.

O.C.G.A. 16-11-127 (a)(1) "Courthouse" means a building occupied by judicial courts and containing rooms in which judicial proceedings are held.

Not defending or bashing anyone.....

For the record, the "goob" is either a lawyer (former prosecutor) or certified instructor. Not sure which one has/uses the ODT account.

I think it was an honest question not an attempt to sell books or stir up ****. It is the ODT, and the lunatics do run this asylum which is why we always end up here..:thumb:

While I would like the actual laws explained, if he/she can’t take being challenged without going into orbit, this isn’t the place for him/her.

The picture doesn’t tell me what the facility is: without knowing where that sign is, a sound decision can’t be made.

If the OP wants to truly help things, then he/she needs to learn how to communicate & act on an Outdoor forum.

This isn’t a classroom & I haven’t paid him to speak.

Back
Top Bottom