• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quiz on Weight of Sign

Is it legal to carry beyond this sign?

• yes, certainly. Signs on private property have no force of law

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • yes, but only outside of the building(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think yes, but the law is less than clear.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, it is not legal to carry.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • You can carry a sack of tacos past that sign, no problemo senior.

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The school law. 16-11-127.1. That sign was on the grounds of a private college / university. Private property, but very much off-limits even to carry permit holders.

I do believe there is something about drop off & pickup inside a person’s vehicle being acceptable at public schools in Georgia.

Do you live in Georgia?

I do believe there is something about drop off & pickup inside a person’s vehicle being acceptable at public schools in Georgia.

Do you live in Georgia?
If I remember correctly, carrying inside your car is fine at public and private schools. when dropping off or picking up. Step outside your car while carrying and you just broke the law. The exception is you can now carry at public universities, but only in certain places.

If I remember correctly, carrying inside your car is fine at public and private schools. when dropping off or picking up. Step outside your car while carrying and you just broke the law. The exception is you can now carry at public universities, but only in certain places.

Lots of exemptions to that prohibition , much depends on who you are and what you are doing. The sign is mainly aimed at students, faculty, and staff. Kinda ironic, as they are the ones most at risk.

Lots of exemptions to that prohibition , much depends on who you are and what you are doing. The sign is mainly aimed at students, faculty, and staff. Kinda ironic, as they are the ones most at risk.
I'd assume if one has the appropriate approvals from the private school / college or public schools, one could carry on campus. Or if you were law enforcement. Outside that, not sure about lots of exemptions.

I'd assume if one has the appropriate approvals from the private school / college or public schools, one could carry on campus. Or if you were law enforcement. Outside that, not sure about lots of exemptions.

Read the law, the most recent version, not the outdated one mentioned here in an earlier post.

There are LOTS of exemptions.

It’s against the law not to wear your seat belt too.....
Like gun signs, that depends... :boink:

§ 40-8-76.1
(C) The requirement of subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply to:
1. A driver or passenger frequently stopping and leaving the vehicle or delivering property from the vehicle, if the speed of the vehicle between stops does not exceed 15 miles per hour;
2. A driver or passenger possessing a written statement from a physician that such person is unable, for medical or physical reasons, to wear a seat safety belt;
3. A driver or passenger possessing an official certificate or license endorsement issued by the appropriate agency in another state or country indicating that the driver is unable for medical, physical, or other valid reasons to wear a seat safety belt;
4. A driver operating a passenger vehicle in reverse;
5. A passenger vehicle with a model year prior to 1965;
6. A passenger vehicle which is not required to be equipped with seat safety belts under federal law;
7. A passenger vehicle operated by a rural letter carrier of the United States Postal Service while performing duties as a rural letter carrier;
8. A passenger vehicle from which a person is delivering newspapers; or
9. A passenger vehicle performing an emergency service.

Like gun signs, that depends... :boink:

§ 40-8-76.1
(C) The requirement of subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply to:
1. A driver or passenger frequently stopping and leaving the vehicle or delivering property from the vehicle, if the speed of the vehicle between stops does not exceed 15 miles per hour;
2. A driver or passenger possessing a written statement from a physician that such person is unable, for medical or physical reasons, to wear a seat safety belt;
3. A driver or passenger possessing an official certificate or license endorsement issued by the appropriate agency in another state or country indicating that the driver is unable for medical, physical, or other valid reasons to wear a seat safety belt;
4. A driver operating a passenger vehicle in reverse;
5. A passenger vehicle with a model year prior to 1965;
6. A passenger vehicle which is not required to be equipped with seat safety belts under federal law;
7. A passenger vehicle operated by a rural letter carrier of the United States Postal Service while performing duties as a rural letter carrier;
8. A passenger vehicle from which a person is delivering newspapers; or
9. A passenger vehicle performing an emergency service.

Remember when Ga said they would not stop and ticket folks for not wearing seatbelts if that was the only violation?

Back
Top Bottom