• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quota hunt???

Hammerhead636

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
I wont be able to obtain a Hunter Education Certificate until after September 1. The deadline for 2013 "quota hunt" registration is September 1 according to what I've read. Does this mean if I want to hunt deer this year I am screwed? What do they mean by "quota hunt"? Does this mean only a certain number of GA hunters will be able to hunt deer this year or what?

You must be referring to the idiotic libtard news story that said that??? The "quota " they meant is for wma quota hunts only. So no you will be fine getting your HEC on 9/1. Season starts 9/14. Happy hunting and good luck !!!

The way I read it you can use any points you have for something you want. I didn't put in for any quota hunts this year since they take my favorite one out and opened it up to the general public.

Only thing I keep putting in for is the gator hunts hopefully next year is the year. Thinking I'm going to use 4 or 5 points for it.

Across the board I think I got 14points.

No, you can't mix and match points. Deer priority points are for deer hunts, even more specificially a state park deer hunt priority point is only for a state park deer hunt, waterfowl is for waterfowl, etc....
OP - You're good. The 'quota' hunts are certain hunts on certain days on certain state owned or operated lands for certain species that have a 'quota', or limited number of hunters allowed. There are quota hunts for deer, turkey, small game, etc...
For you, Georgia has roughly a million acres of public land open to hunting that is open without quotas. Pick up a copy of the regs at your local Walmart or sporting goods store and read the open dates on the various WMA's etc...
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom