• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quota hunts applications open today

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
Don't forget to put in for your hunts. I procrastinated last year and did not get in my entries on time...Very dumb.

I will most likely pick up another priority point for alligator, but I'm inching closer.

Good luck all you cracker croakers!

I'm putting in for zone 2, and I have 3 points. If I had not messed myself up last year, I would have 4...So that stinks.

Deer...Fort Perry at Chattahoochee fall line, and maybe Joe Kurz. I haven't decided yet.

Put in for clybel 1st hunt, bf grant first hunt, berry college. Out of all of them hoping for bf grant, back during turkey season I found a spot I do believe would be jam up for deer hunting. The drag out would suck though...

Also put in yargo, hard labor creek, and Panola mountain. 2 of them are within 45 minutes of the house.

I will be putting in for Clybel 1st and 2nd. I've never applied for nor participated in a quota hunt before. If I get selected, what should I expect? I already got one of their very few campsites reserved. I assume just go anywhere I want besides the "safe zones", but in driving around there I see lots of numbered signs, almost as if they are assignments or something. Do you get a particular area assigned?

I will be putting in for Clybel 1st and 2nd. I've never applied for nor participated in a quota hunt before. If I get selected, what should I expect? I already got one of their very few campsites reserved. I assume just go anywhere I want besides the "safe zones", but in driving around there I see lots of numbered signs, almost as if they are assignments or something. Do you get a particular area assigned?
None of the wmas ive ever hunted have assigned areas but I have never been to Clybel. Get there early enough to do some good scouting and just understand that you might get walked in on or walk up on someone else. There’s not a spot that’s good that someone doesn’t know about. They are first come first serve. I hunt a couple every year and enjoy every thing except folks that won’t cut generators off by the nightly quiet time

None of the wmas ive ever hunted have assigned areas but I have never been to Clybel. Get there early enough to do some good scouting and just understand that you might get walked in on or walk up on someone else. There’s not a spot that’s good that someone doesn’t know about. They are first come first serve. I hunt a couple every year and enjoy every thing except folks that won’t cut generators off by the nightly quiet time
the island hunts have numbered areas you pick

Back
Top Bottom