Device Type
  1. Computer
Browser
Chrome

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Twice today I wanted to "quote" somebody's post and then reply to it.
I could not do it. Nothing would show up in my new post box. No quote at all, and I couldn't even type any text into that blank message either.

Then, a few minutes later, I tried again with a different post in a different thread, and it worked normally, like it always has for me on every other day going back years.

Upvote 1
Well, let's see. I looked at your message above, benmmc, and first hit the "+ Quote" button.
I got a pop-up banner at the top of the screen saying that the message was added to multi-quote.
So now I'm going to hit the "Insert quotes..." button at the bottom of this reply box (which came up automatically, I never hit "reply" to cause it to appear).
Was this happening using the +Quote button or the Reply button?

Your quote DID come up successfully, as did another quote from somebody else I quoted earlier.

So, now it's working for me. I deleted the old, unwanted one. Kept yours, and chose to quote your message.

This is how it's supposed to work. I've done it thousands of times before. But twice, earlier today, I could not.

This is how it's supposed to work. I've done it thousands of times before. But twice, earlier today, I could not.
OK, awesome. So, my theory is that you were trying to reply to a thread that was locked.

Can you post a link to the thread on which the quotes weren't working for you?

Back
Top Bottom