• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

R. K. Gun Show, Expo Center, 12/2-3. Anybody Going?

Is the big safe dealer there this weekend? Have seen them there before but not every time. I need to buy a safe and was thinking about making the trip down if they were there.

I just got home. Random thoughts:

First the bad :

$15 admission (before the $2 off coupon) is entirely too high. If you took your wife or a kid or two, that's pretty steep money just to get in the door.

Likewise, the number of vendors has dropped substantially. I know some vendor loss kinda goes with the times we're in right now, but even given that, the drastic drop off was kinda shocking to see.

The good:

It's always good to see @DEVEST8R, and I got to meet his Dad, as well. *GREAT FOLKS* If you ever need a quality knife, John is definitely the man to see. I also met Hayata Hayata (my wife LOVES the lip balm), and I finally got to meet @billieco. Just fantastic people. It was an honor to meet you guys.

Cherokee G&P had all of their used Springfield handguns for $299. I picked up a Mod 2 subcompact (with GRIP ZONE technology, LOL) for $325 OTD, which I thought was a solid deal. Other than that, I didn't buy anything. I saw some decent ammo prices on 9mm, but with new stuff being so reasonable these days, buying reloads really isn't that good of a deal.

As always, it's fun to look. It's always fascinating to me the *VAST* difference in pricing on the same guns at a gun show. I honestly can't believe people don't make a lap and price shop. It makes my head hurt to see people pay too much, LOL.

I'm glad I went, but I've gotta admit, the price keeps going up and the selection is going down. That's a bad combo. I may sit the Feb. show out.

Back
Top Bottom