• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

R. K. Gun Show, Expo Center, 12/2-3. Anybody Going?

IMG_1980.JPG
Here's my used XD I picked up

Had a great time at the show with hamburglar3 hamburglar3 and boneboy96 boneboy96 . Picked up some steel plates from @1gunsnotenough and had a great time visiting with some frequent gun show participants. I always enjoy picking up a few odds and ends accessories like a pistol buffer for my current project. I might have given the dealer tables two minutes of my attention but that's being generous LOL

Had a great time at the show with hamburglar3 hamburglar3 and boneboy96 boneboy96 . Picked up some steel plates from @1gunsnotenough and had a great time visiting with some frequent gun show participants. I always enjoy picking up a few odds and ends accessories like a pistol buffer for my current project. I might have given the dealer tables two minutes of my attention but that's being generous LOL

It was good to meet you at @DEVEST8R's table! Always a pleasure meeting an ODT brother.

I was disappointed in the show....same old same old. Price of admission hiked up to $15. Cherokee Gun and Pawn only had half of the space they usually occupy...a bunch of used Springfields for $299 & used Glocks for $399. I didn't see anything I couldn't live without...so I guess I got out of there for just the price of admission. And I did meet up with gadgetsrfun and devest8Dr...and a few others I probably didn't realize we're ODT members.

The ONLY reason I went to the show today was, after YEARS of admiring his holsters but too cheap to buy one, I made up my mind that I was gonna buy a Kester Farms Tack holster...and he wasn't there! He's ALWAYS there, LOL

I looked him up and called him when I got home. Turns out his wife had hip replacement surgery this past week, so he stayed home to tend to her. He had what I wanted in stock (holster for my Sig 320), so it all worked out.

But if I'd known he wasn't going to be there, I would have passed.

First of all - thanks to all who swung by and said hello! Double thanks to those who bought soap!

Heard a couple of vendors complaining to each other about the high admission price and how there were less vendors this year and a lot of vendors aren't gun-related, your's truly included.

Other than Cherokee and a handful of others, you can buy things cheaper online.

Something is going to have to change or I have a feeling gun shows are going to go the way of Sears and the dinosaurs...

Back
Top Bottom