• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Radon - anyone have experience? Fact/Fiction/Mitigation

I'll look it up and see if I can secure one.

Thank you! I'll submit my order when the mitigation system is installed.

Just sold my house in Canton - inspector found radon in basement. I paid a contractor in install the radon mitigation system to get the house closed. I was in basement daily for 10 years - man cave shop - so I guess I am doomed if really an issue. It is an issue if you want to sell!

I didn't either. I'm originally from Utah. I assume it's not as prevalent there and not discussed as much due to the lack of humidity.

Really has nothing to do with humidity. Georgia's geology is the reason for radon beneath homes. Look at all of the granite in the state. Many times uranium/radon is associated with the shallow granite structures in the subsurface. The same reason we have a lot of gold deposits...volcanic intrusions.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I’m sitting on a granite rock, with a rock Quarry a few miles away…I’ll be looking a little deeper into this… I’m testing the water also…

Really has nothing to do with humidity. Georgia's geology is the reason for radon beneath homes. Look at all of the granite in the state. Many times uranium/radon is associated with the shallow granite structures in the subsurface. The same reason we have a lot of gold deposits...volcanic intrusions.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
I appreciate the insight. I just figured the moisture and humidity played a factor in it since the levels tend to fluctuate during heavy rain and humidity.

Back
Top Bottom