• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

So far all I have used is MiricalGro
I think some of the bagged soils and bulk compost are low in minerals and trace nutrients. On gardening with Leon’s YouTube channel he recommends sea minerals to correct this deficiency. For all I know miracle grow may contain all that. Would weigh the results. I probably would add calcium but would check the miracle grow label first to see which nitrate they use. If calcium nitrate you might not need to add any. Tums or diatomaceous earth will do the trick for boosting calcium and prevention of blossom end rot.

A coworker lives close to UGA. He's taken soil samples to them before and they tell you what you need to get the dirt right. He said ever since he's done that his garden will flourish. They'll tell you how much of each additive per 100 sq ft.

A coworker lives close to UGA. He's taken soil samples to them before and they tell you what you need to get the dirt right. He said ever since he's done that his garden will flourish. They'll tell you how much of each additive per 100 sq ft.
If you don't do a soil sample and you amend, or treat your soil with anything, you are just guessing. Having said that, I generally just guess. ;)
If I lived close and could drop them off, I'd definitely make use of their service.

If you don't do a soil sample and you amend, or treat your soil with anything, you are just guessing. Having said that, I generally just guess. ;)
If I lived close and could drop them off, I'd definitely make use of their service.

My papaw, dad, aunt, and uncle can grow anything. Me on the other hand... People will give us plants and flowers as gifts every now and then. they all die. We killed air plants at our house. Followed the instruction closely, dead.

Most counties have an extension office that will do this too.

My papaw, dad, aunt, and uncle can grow anything. Me on the other hand... People will give us plants and flowers as gifts every now and then. they all die. We killed air plants at our house. Followed the instruction closely, dead.
I guess it's one of the few things I have some luck with. :noidea:

4E369A55-0345-446D-BF60-59A2AC02CCAE.jpeg
90DC3957-ADFA-4039-8B7B-D26F496295CB.jpeg
5F2416B3-791A-461A-8939-EC046F88CEB4.jpeg
85E01860-01BE-49F5-910A-09D8E1C98593.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom