• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

Back in too. Wife and I are planning our planting for the next couple of weeks.

We mainly grow squash,zucch, tomatoes, kale and peppers.

We used organic fertilizer last year. This is her first time gardening but she got into it quick when our kale went nuts.

We did some heirloom tomatoes last year but we didnt use any pest control so we only had a few good ones. We're trying to find some good pest control that isn't poison.
"Captain Jack's Dead Bug" for pests and "Serenade" for disease control.
They are safe and they work.

I built one out of Rail Road ties back in 2001. Had it filled with a big gravel truck full of top soil, that was root and rock free..Then I started to juice it with lime, Miracle Grow when it was on sale and lastly Peat moss..After which I mixed all of it together..It put out like every woman View attachment 3143261 should, I just can't work it any more..At the end of each season I covered it after turning with a breathable black cover...The next season I pulled off the cover and juiced again and turned again before planting..
I wish you were still able my friend.

Back in too. Wife and I are planning our planting for the next couple of weeks.

We mainly grow squash,zucch, tomatoes, kale and peppers.

We used organic fertilizer last year. This is her first time gardening but she got into it quick when our kale went nuts.

We did some heirloom tomatoes last year but we didnt use any pest control so we only had a few good ones. We're trying to find some good pest control that isn't poison.

Sounds good. Well except for the kale

Sounds good. Well except for the kale

Yeah, I get it. I cant even eat a salad without chicken or bacon all over it but the kale has loads of nutrition and grows fast. Easy to make it palatable. We chop it and mix it in an omelet or into a salad or she makes smoothies with it. It is like spinach but grows easier.

Yeah, I get it. I cant even eat a salad without chicken or bacon all over it but the kale has loads of nutrition and grows fast. Easy to make it palatable. We chop it and mix it in an omelet or into a salad or she makes smoothies with it. It is like spinach but grows easier.

It is very nutrient rich no doubt. I tried it for a while but I just can't pallet it. I do like spinach a lot though. I love salads to with no meat even. LOL

I'm almost ready but need a little more soil. I used a yard of soil today before having to loan out my truck. I am planning to get some manure and peat as well.
PXL_20210306_201002146.jpg

Back
Top Bottom