• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ram mount

Putnambuck

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
Wondering if any of y'all have used one of the ram ball mounts for your fishfinder on your boat.
I've been looking at em for my Lowrance unit at the console.
Any pros or cons would be appreciated
Also if not a ram mount, what's your setup?
Post up some pics

Thanks fellas

I had one I got many years ago on my old Ranger bass boat and I have a new one on my new saltwater skiff for a Simrad GO7.
Ugly, but work really well when you don’t have enough room to mount flush IN the console. In both instances I would have used the surface mount that came with the units but again, didn’t have enough room and had to get them up in the air to clear existing components. The other nice advantage is that you can easily change the orientation and swing it 180 degrees for instance to watch from the bow. Also makes for quick removal to prevent theft.

I had one I got many years ago on my old Ranger bass boat and I have a new one on my new saltwater skiff for a Simrad GO7.
Ugly, but work really well when you don’t have enough room to mount flush IN the console. In both instances I would have used the surface mount that came with the units but again, didn’t have enough room and had to get them up in the air to clear existing components. The other nice advantage is that you can easily change the orientation and swing it 180 degrees for instance to watch from the bow. Also makes for quick removal to prevent theft.
Appreciate the info MAK, I've got the same problem, no room to mount at console so going to have to mount beside it. One question, can you back out the screw on the stem and take it off the lower ball?

Appreciate the info MAK, I've got the same problem, no room to mount at console so going to have to mount beside it. One question, can you back out the screw on the stem and take it off the lower ball?
Yeah, I just just loosen the knob and remove the unit along with upper mount and arm/clamp so I can store off boat.
A007D077-4EEC-4B2E-9A1D-813407028D77.jpeg

Don't have them mounted on a boat but thats the mount our electronic log books are mounted with in the trucks. 18 mounts. Rock solid and a driver hasn't damaged one since installed at least a year ago. That sir is a testament to durabilty. Some of those fellows can/will break anything.

Back
Top Bottom