• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range Day Swap Meet

Would you be willing to pay an upfront fee of $50 to attend this event?

• Total voters

Glock 21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   2
Reaction score
Myself and Realtor Realtor have been given the opportunity to rent a large piece of property in Aragon Ga. This is an active training facility and we would have access to a 35 yard pistol range and a 200 yard rifle range with certified range officers on site to keep everyone safe.

Due to the cost however and the fact I have to secure the range on the date TBD I would have to receive payment upfront to ensure I can cover the cost. To be able to secure the property and range officers we will need a min of 50 people that will actual commit and pay to attend. Anyone who does not prepay but decides to come after all prepayments have been collected will pay $70 for entry. Once range fees have been paid any other proceeds will be raffled off to some lucky winner for use towards machine gun rental...Yes their will be machine guns!

This poll is just to gauge interest to see if we have enough people willing to attend and will help pay the cost associated with the event. The date will most likely be on a Saturday in September or October due to the heat right now. Please do not say yes if you would not actually be willing to pay or have no intentions of coming.

MAX NUMBER OF ATTENDEES WILL BE SET AT 75

Exact address will be provided upon receipt of payment.

Swap Meet:
Bring whatever you would like to sell along with a table to setup if needed.
No additional charges for anyone that wants to setup but this isnt the main purpose of the event so please be reasonable on your setup.

Range:
Bring whatever you would like to shoot unloaded and preferable cased.
No drawing from holsters or any other tactical shooting will be allowed. If you would like to do that at another time I have numerous trainers for all weapons level experience that I can set you up with.
Eye and Ear protection will be required
No limit on how much you shoot but be mindful of others
Zero Alcohol/Drug Tolerance Anyone found to under the influence of any substance will be removed from the property immediately.

Machine Guns:
These will be rented for an additional cost. I will update with a list of what will be there along with pricing once I see if this is going to happen.

529FA0FC-5C9B-4DCF-B319-E700EC564A2E.jpeg
1344ADF1-1D30-48E2-BA1F-EDE867AFD9F4.jpeg
C65A5DC3-3639-499A-8167-ECFEAC6F57A7.jpeg
2105952D-5511-47CD-A3FB-B7C2675A8DCA.jpeg

With there being 75 people, how are you managing shooting time? How many bays/shooters at one time are there?

7 on the pistol bay and 5 on the rifle. I am hoping we can self manage on time but if a time limit needs to be set that can happened with one of the range officers enforcing it. 75 is the max but I doubt we will have that many and even if we do with ammo prices I don't foresee anyone not getting ample time to shoot.

Personally don't see the value in it.

But I'm a cheap sumbitch.

Can shoot at the WMA's for $25/year or whatever it costs these days. And all range trips involve a long drive.

If it was a 600-1000yd range w/steel then yes - those ranges are rare and the expense is expected. For 200yds, not so much for me personally.

Personally don't see the value in it.

But I'm a cheap sumbitch.

Can shoot at the WMA's for $25/year or whatever it costs these days. And all range trips involve a long drive.

If it was a 600-1000yd range w/steel then yes - those ranges are rare and the expense is expected. For 200yds, not so much for me personally.

I can understand that and I appreciate the honest feedback.

I wish I could do it cheaper but unfortunately the liability insurance alone allowing people to come on your property and shoot isn’t cheap and we will have at least 3 certified instructors on hand as range officers to keep everyone safe.

At the end of the day this is more about comradery and having the chance to meet new like minded individuals with the bonus of getting to shoot your own stuff, shoot machine guns, and trade.

Back
Top Bottom