• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range etiquette question.

I usually say "wtf is this **** and wtf is wrong with you moron?"

I will say "this is what I use and it works for me", no need to point out the obvious that what they have is junk, if they dont already know when its failing on them a few times, they are likely beyond help

Try saying

"It's good to experiment with various brands, but personally... I wouldn't put that on my gun."

If that doesn't work, just point and laugh hysterically. Then call over someone else so they can point and laugh.
This is my standard response when I see a DDM4 or M5 with a Tasco Varmint scope mounted.......incorrectly.

I don't know what range your shooting at, but it seems that when me and my buddy go to the range we are telling a few of the other shooters to stop playing grab ass around us with guns in your hands, and stop pointing your guns at us, especially Asian older men who get Mad when you tell them if you accidentally shoot one of us we are shooting back!!

I don't know what range your shooting at, but it seems that when me and my buddy go to the range we are telling a few of the other shooters to stop playing grab ass around us with guns in your hands, and stop pointing your guns at us, especially Asian older men who get Mad when you tell them if you accidentally shoot one of us we are shooting back!!
Good God man, where are you shooting? LOL!

I hear that! Where I shoot is on the expensive side if you are not a member, it keeps a bunch of folks out. I shoot in the lane next to the wall where I can see everything going on. Luckily I have never had someone point a gun at me out there and only had to call a cease fire twice. Once for a suppressor that ended up in the rubber backstop and again when this idiot stared a low crawl down range after his target. I won't stay if it's stupid crowded, I don't like crowds to start with.

The worst for me was a range that had a Groupon special. The place would load up with gangsta's during lunch practicing hood rat moves. I had a membership and used to go at least once a week during lunch. Membership expired and never went back.

Groupons are the devil on a range. I'm all about getting folks into shooting, but they wanna try shooting like John Wick and hit the walls, floors, and celings. My range folks try to let me know when such things are hapening and I don't go. I'm not sure how I'll react to having a gun pointed at me.

Just give them the honest/brutal truth & explain why you came up with that decision. Sometimes the truth hurts, but It can also save someones life.

Back
Top Bottom