• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range in basement or garage

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my father had a 22 trap. We would use it to shoot 22 rifles in the basement. With what I know now about air quality and lead that wasn't too smart.

But do any of you guys shoot in your basement or garage? Is that legal to do? Can you adequately reduce the sound so your neighbors don't call the police. I would not use it for serious practice, just really to check functioning especially after a trigger swap or something. You can use lead free ammo these days to make it safer...right? I realize you'd have to build a substantial backstop and I of course wouldn't shoot rifles.

Just really curious if any you guys have a range setup in your house and if you have any recommendations ?

Set up a range in my shop for my granddaughter when she was shooting 4-H bb competition. Daisy 499-B competition bb gun with micrometer peep sights, 5 meter distance and the target's 10 ring is the same diameter as a bb. Backstop was cardboard with a piece of carpet behind it. Worked well and a lot harder to hit that 10 ring than you might expect. Good way to stay in practice.

IVE GOT A GOT A BULLET TRAP THAT HAS 18 INCH MOUTH TAHT WILL STOP UP TO A MEDIUM CAILBER RIFLE AND ALL PISTOL AND REVOLVER BULLETS. MADE OF HIGH CARBON STEEL. IS ADJUSTABLE FOR HEIGHT WEIGHT IS 82 POUNDS . CAME FROM FORT CUSTER IN MICHIGAN WHEN THEY WERE TAKEN OUT OF INDOOR RANGE. HAS STAND THAT 24 TO 48 INCH ABOVE FLOOR .

Back
Top Bottom