• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range report - test fire of 9mm AR and 1st visitor to Big Woods Goods

ccgetz

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
So I sold my Gold Cup this morning which was very depressing so I went for a little range therapy.

Normally I go to Goveners Gun Club in Hiram but I was already in Canton so went to Hi Calibre. Dang, don't open for an hour so I hit their neighbor Big Woods Goods. Overall I was impressed, friendly staff, busy but got a lane in just a few minutes, price was good too. Range it self has a glass wall which is nice allowing for a more open feel. Electronic controls are were easy to use. Noice control and air quality were great. Definitely will come back.

So if you don't have a 9mm AR, get one. What a fun weapon. Used ETS mags which performed perfectly and Winchester white box ammo. At 50ft I kept the groups at half dollar size using MBUS sites. (Yeah yeah not sniper awesome but pretty good for me and the first firing of the weapon) Added bonus, this thing is dead quite, just a hair louder than my p22 pistol.

What I learned, 6 position collapsing stock provides for horrible check weld, it's being replaced. Need smoother round handgaurd to replace the key mod rail, would be far more comfortable for my shooting style. But biggest thing is good adjustable sights. No optic for now want to build and hone my skills on iron sights before moving to optics.

Anywho, I'll get some video of the wife shooting it next time, she is far prettier than I, great weapon skills and there is something crazy hot about a redhead with a weapon (as long as it's not pointed at me)

Chris

If you are shooting suppressed, make sure to use subsonic ammo. These are fun and always shocks people if you are on pistol side with a can on it.

Big woods is a nice range. With an unfortunate wait time. Hi caliber on the other hand has horrible air quality. I have heard a lot of complaints about there

I love big woods goods. Wish I lived closer to it. Great prices on, and selection of, firearms and a great range. Been meaning to take my wife to try their archery range as she has expressed interest in trying out her hand with a bow but havent made it up yet.

Big woods is a nice range. With an unfortunate wait time. Hi caliber on the other hand has horrible air quality. I have heard a lot of complaints about there

No kidding. Air quality at Hi caliber is terrible. You can taste it when you leave the place.

Back
Top Bottom