• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range tool box and contents

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Who carries a reasonable size tool box to a long range day? Also besides gun specific tools what other do dads are included in your box. Do you carry a assortment of replacement parts and if so for what guns? What do you have that can assist you in repairs and moreover what size box do you consider to be acceptable? It can stay in the car if it's a indoor range or with you on a outdoor range. Just interested in what some of you might carry with you for a extended day out on the range. It's not important but I think it's interesting. I have had a lot of opportunities to fix others guns on the range and it happened recently so it just got me thinking.

I usually pack a combo screwdriver and a cleaning rod and a can of rem-oil …been able to fix most anything that could or should be fixed at the range anything more intense I save for home so I don’t lose parts

Small set of rods and cleaning gear. Selection of small allen wrenches and screwdrivers (primarily for sight ajustments) and a screwdriver set like the one below (except I prefer a non-magnetic set, and I hate spending on anything as expensive as Wheeler)

1679244152300.png

Any space left in the container and I'll throw in a little oiling pen of Lucas gun oil and a stick of lip balm (basically lanolin, which is fine as a gun grease for many uses at a pinch) and a rubber mat to work on.

The whole lot fits in a box about half the size of a pistol case.

Back
Top Bottom