• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range Trip Loadouts and Essentials

I've been taking my boys to cross country practice and the Sharpshooter's range is only five minutes away from Wills Park in Roswell.

Sharpshooter's has half-off for former military so can't beat 10 bucks for a nice indoor range rental. Plus the place is so nice and the people so friendly, etc - I've really enjoyed shooting there a couple times/week.

Anywhoo - the key for me is not to bring so much that I need a wagon to haul it in and out of the range. Sometimes I'm pistol only and sometimes rifle and pistol. But always a Dobbs Evercore .22 suppressor goes with me on one of the hosts.

I tend to take fewer mags just because I don't mind reloading in between strings of fire. Lets the gun cool a bit. I take one paper target and then have multiple adhesive-backed splatter style targets to paste on top of the paper target. I'm cheap like that.

Always take a tool kit and a cleaning rod and a microfiber cloth in the range bag.

I've been taking my boys to cross country practice and the Sharpshooter's range is only five minutes away from Wills Park in Roswell.

Sharpshooter's has half-off for former military so can't beat 10 bucks for a nice indoor range rental. Plus the place is so nice and the people so friendly, etc - I've really enjoyed shooting there a couple times/week.

Anywhoo - the key for me is not to bring so much that I need a wagon to haul it in and out of the range. Sometimes I'm pistol only and sometimes rifle and pistol. But always a Dobbs Evercore .22 suppressor goes with me on one of the hosts.

I tend to take fewer mags just because I don't mind reloading in between strings of fire. Lets the gun cool a bit. I take one paper target and then have multiple adhesive-backed splatter style targets to paste on top of the paper target. I'm cheap like that.

Always take a tool kit and a cleaning rod and a microfiber cloth in the range bag.

Well said. Sharpshooters is just around the corner from my Alpharetta office too. Great lunch spot......

I have one of those real big tool/spare parts/ cleaning supplies cabelas range cases, a spotting scope, ammo bag, rifles, pistols and then a big tote with targets, ear and eyes, front rest bag, stapler with a box of extra staples and then usually a cooler for drinks. I think that's it. It's a good thing at River Bend Gun Club Range #1 you can back right up to the structure that keeps the sun of the benches. So I only have to carry my stuff about 10 yards. I have been trying to lean stuff out but just a soon as I drop a bag or tool box I will need it. I usually take a break from shooting after a while and clean a gun while I am there. By the end of the day all my guns are clean so I just have to put every thing away when I get home. Sometimes I might have a 1911 to clean because my last stop is usually knocking down some plates before I go.

I always say that i'll get organized and bring less stuff but the i don't do it.

View attachment 1349940
Now that's a truck full of stuff. I feel like I am light with my stuff know. Holy sh*t that's a lot of stuff. Not including rifle cases and hand gun cases all I have is three things. The big tool box, spotting scope case, and the big and I mean big tote with range stuff.

I drive into my back yard to go shooting. I keep a range bag with most frequently used magazines, uplala mag loader, stapler and extra staples, targets, leatherman, ear pro. Throw ammo for the day in the range bag. Grab guns and cardboard for target backing. Couple bottles of water and I'm ready. If I forget something I go back to the house.

LAZ didnt invite anyone?

I take 3 loaded mags for each weapon. I try to limit to one pistol and one rifle but it usually ends up being 2 pistols and maybe a rifle.

I take my bag with my cleaning kit and ram rods, allens, screwdriver, etc....

I have seen a little red wagon more than once at Quickshot Buckhead.

Back
Top Bottom