• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rant - Item descriptions

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
Do people who post in S&S really want to sell or are they going through the motions because the wife told them to?

Rant - is it that hard to give enough of a description of an item to know who made it, what particular model it is, and maybe, just maybe a little info about it and why I should want to buy it.

I'm sorry, but I haven't memorized the name of every model anything, especially a gun.

Describing it a "Boogersnatcher" without more is a waste of my time. Sure I'm can use the interwebs to figure it out, but you've already demonstrated that you don't care,

Looking at one ad, only written info is in the title, nothing in the ad except the fill ins. I know what caliber it is. Whoopee.

A blurry stock photo that you can't make out the manufacturer info on.

So I'm looking at a gun with unknown (to me) origin, and a crappy stock photo - all telling me I am dealing with a highly motivated seller (sarcasm emojii).

The kind of seller who if you PM responds "I don't know much about this gun."

Do people who post in S&S really want to sell or are they going through the motions because the wife told them to?

Rant - is it that hard to give enough of a description of an item to know who made it, what particular model it is, and maybe, just maybe a little info about it and why I should want to buy it.

I'm sorry, but I haven't memorized the name of every model anything, especially a gun.

Describing it a "Boogersnatcher" without more is a waste of my time. Sure I'm can use the interwebs to figure it out, but you've already demonstrated that you don't care,

Looking at one ad, only written info is in the title, nothing in the ad except the fill ins. I know what caliber it is. Whoopee.

A blurry stock photo that you can't make out the manufacturer info on.

So I'm looking at a gun with unknown (to me) origin, and a crappy stock photo - all telling me I am dealing with a highly motivated seller (sarcasm emojii).

The kind of seller who if you PM responds "I don't know much about this gun."

I don't really care, it is commentary on how motivated some sellers are. I assume they are shifting over from CL- both sites have FREE ads, and you can't come up with any description of what you want to sell?

And then wonder why your ad stays up for months/years?

My fav on CL are the lawnmower ads that don't say anything about what motor, HP, or Model it is.

BTW, if you're interested I have a Toro mower, $600 cash only.

Back
Top Bottom