• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rant.... On highway 'Train Conductors'.....

They're zombies.

I can assure you it's not me.

1. If I'm in the left lane, I'm gaining or passing
2. If I'm in the left lane, even if I'm gaining, and I see that you're gaining on me, even from 10 car length back, I'll move over and let you go first- but when you go by, GO!

The thing I've been experiencing in the last couple weeks is there are a few passing lanes on the two lane roads on the way home from work. There is a section that is about 7 miles long that is 55mpg the whole way. Pretty much every day I get behind someone that wants to drive 47-50. Fine, go that slow, but I'm not gonna because I don't have to. So we get to one of the three passing sections, and it's clear, so I initiate a pass. As I get next to the person that was just driving 47, I find that I'm going 70 and am barely getting by. By time the pass is completed, I look at my speedometer and I'm going 80*, and I didn't blow them away at all, and as I slow down to the speed limit, they're sticking with me. They're endangering me just because they don't want to be passed? I don't tailgate and am every conscious of the distance between me and the car in front (no less that two car lengths unless they just brake or let off suddenly, and then I'll rectify the distance.

*I know that I'm not supposed to exceed the speed limit to pass. I've been ticketed for it, but if they were going 25 when I initiated a pass and then sped up, I'd end up exceeding 55mph to complete it.

People be crazy, but you never know if the guy passing you is crazier.

One day I'll buy a VTOL or helicopter so I can avoid the traffic.
I will make every effort to demonstrate my opinion of these doches with a hand signal after I pass them. You want to get crazy? I can get crazy with the best of them.

Honestly in a number of these occasions I think if the sheep were trained better they would get over.

When learning or in drivers ed they need to drill it into the heads..." Keep right except to pass".

There is already a lot of singe to that affect up and down the highways.

Maybe a driving test shouldn't be such a joke?

They're zombies.

I can assure you it's not me.

1. If I'm in the left lane, I'm gaining or passing
2. If I'm in the left lane, even if I'm gaining, and I see that you're gaining on me, even from 10 car length back, I'll move over and let you go first- but when you go by, GO!

The thing I've been experiencing in the last couple weeks is there are a few passing lanes on the two lane roads on the way home from work. There is a section that is about 7 miles long that is 55mpg the whole way. Pretty much every day I get behind someone that wants to drive 47-50. Fine, go that slow, but I'm not gonna because I don't have to. So we get to one of the three passing sections, and it's clear, so I initiate a pass. As I get next to the person that was just driving 47, I find that I'm going 70 and am barely getting by. By time the pass is completed, I look at my speedometer and I'm going 80*, and I didn't blow them away at all, and as I slow down to the speed limit, they're sticking with me. They're endangering me just because they don't want to be passed? I don't tailgate and am every conscious of the distance between me and the car in front (no less that two car lengths unless they just brake or let off suddenly, and then I'll rectify the distance.

*I know that I'm not supposed to exceed the speed limit to pass. I've been ticketed for it, but if they were going 25 when I initiated a pass and then sped up, I'd end up exceeding 55mph to complete it.

People be crazy, but you never know if the guy passing you is crazier.

One day I'll buy a VTOL or helicopter so I can avoid the traffic.

If someone speeds up when I attempt to pass, I attempt to put them in the ditch. Seems to work so far.

You know... the A-hole that is the lead car in a long line of cars, usually on a 4 lane road, there is 500 yds of open road in front of them, is driving the inside lane, can move to the right at any given time but chooses to hold up the flow of traffic because:
A: He/she thinks it is their civic duty to regulate the speed and flow of traffic
B: Is going to turn left in 5 miles, so they get in the inside lane, in preparation of said turn, but still goes 5 mph under the normal flow of traffic
C: Is on phone or texting and is oblivious to the fact they are clogging up the works
D: Is driving a truck/pulling trailer that is able to - at best - to go 0-60 in 3 miles
E: Just doesn't care about anyone but themselves
F: Only way, in their meager existence, they will ever be in control of any situation

Like I said, A-hole on Highway 'Train Conductors"!

BTW - if this description fits you, sorry to let you in on the secret, but unless you change your ways... you are indeed, also an A-hole to those that have to share the road with you. :becky:

Have a good day!
Sounds about right

Know what pizzzes me off more than that,is the sh riding bicycles on the highway.What part of single file do they not understand? They think you should just follow them until you get to a mile long spot to pass.
Well in the mountains we don't follow too well.If they want to ride their bicycles they should stay in the driveway...

I try not to let them bother me and in General leave extra time when traveling for this to happen. Lifes too short to let stupid people raise your blood pressure and shorten it anymore.

That said, it does bug me. I just do my best to keep from letting it really bother me to the extent that it jeopardizes an otherwise splendid day because I did in fact wake up today and that is reason enough to be happy

Preach on, Brother. You are totally correct.

Know what pizzzes me off more than that,is the sh riding bicycles on the highway.What part of single file do they not understand? They think you should just follow them until you get to a mile long spot to pass.
Well in the mountains we don't follow too well.If they want to ride their bicycles they should stay in the driveway...

Share the road my ass. They should have to share the taxes and be held accountable for all traffic laws.
Most of those cyclist are just out there creating a traffic hazard, it's not like they are going to work.

Back
Top Bottom