• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raquel Welch and her Cat on the Johnny Carson Show?

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
Someone started a thread today about ukuleles, which led to Tiny Tim, which then led to the Johnny Carson, and that jogged my memory as a kid as one of the funniest one liners I have ever heard on a late night talk show. Well, at least I think it happened. Now I'm not so sure.

Sometime in the early 70's I have this distinct memory of Raquel Welch appearing on the Johnny Carson show and she had a cat with her. Soon after her segment started she said to Carson, "Would you like to pet my *****". Carson very cooly and quickly replied, "Yes, move the cat". The audience went wild and you could tell Welch was not exactly happy with his quip. Of course the point could be raised this was all a planned skit. Hard to believe a woman so freaking hot at the time would say that and not expect that kind of response.

I just now spent some time searching Youtube for this clip and found nothing. Further Googling brought a bunch of hits of this episode being a complete urban legend and involving Zsa Zsa Gabor. That doesn't make sense - although Zsa Zsa was pretty in the 40s and 50s, in the 70's she was old and that skit just wouldn't have worked.

Maybe it's been so long ago my memory is too far gone to be trusted :) But my memory of this is so vivid and I remember my mother sending me to bed immediately after it happened while my Dad was laughing hysterically. I also remember talking about it to kids at school.

It kind of freaks me out to think I have this memory so clearly vivid in my mind, but there is no proof it ever happened. Do any other "old timers" remember this or am I just getting senile at 54? (probably the latter- lol).

the mind can sometimes make up parts of movies that we think should exist for one reason or another and don't. the human brain works in mysterious ways
i remember a scen in roadhouse where the main character drives a monster truck through the evil leaders mansion but it doesn't exist either sadly

Last edited:
Totally separate Raquel question... Does anybody remember the name of the western she was in with the train station? Sorry- completely random and poorly defined question, but I saw it once on TV and never caught the name of it.

Totally separate Raquel question... Does anybody remember the name of the western she was in with the train station? Sorry- completely random and poorly defined question, but I saw it once on TV and never caught the name of it.

If it's the one with her, Burt Reynolds, and Jim Brown, that would be 100 Rifles. Just watched it about a month ago. Damn, it was corny. But she was soooooo hot.

If it's the one with her, Burt Reynolds, and Jim Brown, that would be 100 Rifles. Just watched it about a month ago. Damn, it was corny. But she was soooooo hot.

100 Rifles.... I will find that one .... I just caught a few minutes of it but always wanted to know what it was. I remember the scene under the water tower on the railroad track quite vividly.

And thanks for that title!

Back
Top Bottom