• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rare Breed Triggers

If enough people would buy them and flip them, there is no way the and could pull off a confiscation.

I saw a video where a guy tested next to a registered m16 lower (not does but real third pin lower)and the FRT yielded a higher cyclic rate with the same ammo and same upper.

Seen that video this morning.

If enough people would buy them and flip them, there is no way the and could pull off a confiscation.

I saw a video where a guy tested next to a registered m16 lower (not does but real third pin lower)and the FRT yielded a higher cyclic rate with the same ammo and same upper.

In theory, the FRT should always be faster than an M16 lower...but admittedly, I'm bad at maths. I assume energy needed to move mass increases in line with mass and that more energy expending on moving that mass affects the bolt's velocity. The "thingie" the bolt hits in an M16 FCG (I apologize for not knowing the name. Auto sear, maybe?" is hugely more massive than the little nipple it hits in the FRT. Maybe? :noidea:

No offense to the OP, but Who puts a $400+ trigger in their home build? Not a cut just a question?
The honest answer? I don't have a need for one but I wouldn't mind having it in a spare lower as a SHTF option. Even if you don't have a need for one (let's be honest, that's probably 99% of the population), if you have the scratch and want to support a company directly opposing the ATF, this is a good way to do it.

In theory, the FRT should always be faster than an M16 lower...but admittedly, I'm bad at maths. I assume energy needed to move mass increases in line with mass and that more energy expending on moving that mass affects the bolt's velocity. The "thingie" the bolt hits in an M16 FCG (I apologize for not knowing the name. Auto sear, maybe?" is hugely more massive than the little nipple it hits in the FRT. Maybe? :noidea:
I don't know the function of the FRT, but the autosear in the m16 or the drop on sear is just a toggle that slows the hammer enough to let the bolt close before releasing. I'm guessing that the FRT pushing the trigger forward just takes less motion to make for the second trigger action so completed the bolt close and release of the hammer just a hair faster.

My M10 is faster than both! :boink: :boink: :behindsofa: :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom