Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Good

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Worst ever

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
You will really enjoy it,them deer don’t have nothing on outsmarting ol Tom.if you get frustrated deer hunting,the turkeys will make you suicidal.

Yep.
I have plenty of turkey experience.
Just
Last spring I had a hen come so close to me on the ground that it almost backed up into my lap.
I contemplated grabbing her with my hands but decided to just see what happened.
It couldn’t understand why I was making noise but it kept
Coming back and couldn’t find the hen.....lol.
Needless to say my Arcturus leafy camo guilly suit can fool the best of em.

Had a really good year. I hunted every weekend from start of bow season, except for one. I killed my biggest buck yet, a nice nine pointer, with my muzzleloader. He was number one on my hit list for this season. My wife took a nice, wide eight pointer, and then I took a tall eight pointer, which was the first buck I have killed with one of my handloaded rounds. And then, there was the crazy ricocheting bullet that killed two does the other week. Technically though, the big doe was pregnant with twins, so I killed four with one shot. Looking forward to next year, and already have a picture of a nice ten pointer that made it through the season.

8D7FA015-7A69-403E-867E-3FA7EA0CC2B9.png
DE49A00C-ED91-4311-8115-C2DC6E171B21.jpeg
This was my 3rd season. Finally was able to get my first deer on opening day archery. And it was an 8pt. Learned a lot. Saw a lot of cool stuff. Spotted fawns that grew a bit over the season. Saw a buck chasing a doe. Just overall great experience. Still got a lot to learn. I didn’t grow up hunting. So I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can so I can teach my son.

You will really enjoy it,them deer don’t have nothing on outsmarting ol Tom.if you get frustrated deer hunting,the turkeys will make you suicidal.
I have been whipped by an old Tom turkey more times than I can recall and each time it happens I go right back for more, like a glutton for punishment. The next time I go, I try even harder than the last to outwit him. Most often I go home with what’s left of my ego crushed. It’s a great feeling when it all finally comes together and a Tom turkey ends up getting slung over my shoulder!

View attachment 1959061 View attachment 1959058 This was my 3rd season. Finally was able to get my first deer on opening day archery. And it was an 8pt. Learned a lot. Saw a lot of cool stuff. Spotted fawns that grew a bit over the season. Saw a buck chasing a doe. Just overall great experience. Still got a lot to learn. I didn’t grow up hunting. So I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can so I can teach my son.
Congrats you will learn more from your mistakes than you can be taught,and you will still make them knowingly.

I killed 0 deer and had the best season ever. Of course my son got his first doe and first buck in the same night. A few weeks later he got another doe. I could not be any more proud of him and the shots he took and the ones he didn’t. Picture of him the night he got his first deer and the night he saw his picture in GON.

Attachments

• D9A6BBC7-4EF4-44B8-A8BA-6E994752383E.jpeg
    D9A6BBC7-4EF4-44B8-A8BA-6E994752383E.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 6E654F17-6667-4225-8376-0AC7B5711C19.jpeg
    6E654F17-6667-4225-8376-0AC7B5711C19.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 19
Only got in the woods for a half hour this year. Turns out that's all it took to shoot my best to date. I finally knocked down an old 8. My son and I barely had time to whisper a few words about the incredible sunrise when old gnarly rack stepped out scouting for companionship. It was just one morning but I'll call It a heck of a season!

Great year, we passed 61 Deer this season, and then on 11-24-2018, took a heavy weight 8 pointer hoof weight 191.8#, really just like observing them for their movements, looking behind them, ears going all over the place listening for sounds everywhere.

Watched, a pair of pure black fox we had never seen any before, pair of red foxes, couple of large bobcats, why did we not shoot them small game season was not in.

We have a large Gosset Hawk, that always stays close to out stand. 2 big owls, and turkey roost close to our stand also, nature is amazing, mysterious, inquisitive, protective, and always observing their surroundings, very closely, it has taught us many lessons by just observing them.

Besides they never say a word until it is time to sound an alert, for retreat or escape.

Oh, we will have ground venison in, chili, soup, burgers, meatloaf, and of course sausage also...

Great year, and plenty of mind cleansing time also, looking forward to 2019-2020 season. Each year is a blessing from "GOD" and to be fully enjoyed...

View attachment 1959061 View attachment 1959058 This was my 3rd season. Finally was able to get my first deer on opening day archery. And it was an 8pt. Learned a lot. Saw a lot of cool stuff. Spotted fawns that grew a bit over the season. Saw a buck chasing a doe. Just overall great experience. Still got a lot to learn. I didn’t grow up hunting. So I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can so I can teach my son.

CONGRATS, you will never ever forget this hunt, which is just the start of many more to come.
THE FIRST ONE IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST TO HARVEST...

A TIP OF THE HAT TO YA..

Back
Top Bottom