Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Good

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Worst ever

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Excellent for me. I hunted Heard, Carroll, Troup, and WMA. I saw tons of deer on all of the properties. I killed two nice 8 points...one private and one WMA. I also took a number of does. The Heard property is always good for movement until around the first of December and that was the case again this year. The Carroll land really shines from mid-December until the end of the season. I lost count on how many deer I saw from 15th of December until January 1st. I did have 2 particular bucks that I was hoping to cross paths with. I saw one mid November chasing a doe across a clear cut that didn't give me a shot. I haven't got a picture of him or the other since. If either made it they will be something special this coming fall. Also had a bunch of young bucks that should be nice next season as well.

I'd rate mine as fair to good. I don't really want to complain because I had success and was just happy to make it out there but it was certainly slower than normal. It was the first time in a while that I didn't see any rut activity. Hey but again just glad to have a place to go and hang out.

Back
Top Bottom