• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC Action Pistol Match

There are several class for different pistols:

Open: Optical sights and comps are allowed, unlimited mag capacity.

Limited : Standard service or duty pistol, iron sights, no comps, unlimited mag capacity.

PP : Standard service or duty pistol, iron sights, no comps, 10 round mag capacity.

22 : 22 pistol, iron sights, 10 mag capacity.

1911: 45acp 1911 style pistols, iron sights, no comps, 8 round mag capacity. No other caliber is allowed in 1911.

Revolver: Standard service or duty revolver, iron sights, no comps, 6, 7, or 8 round capacity. Speed loaders or moon clips allowed.

This is a quick overview or the classes. For more detailed info see the link in the above post.

Please note: There is NO hollow point ammo allowed. This includes expanding and nonexpanding bullet designs. Also there is no magnum, +p, or +p+ ammo allowed.
If you show up with this as your only ammo, you will not be allowed to shoot. The chance of splash or ricochets is too great a safety concern to allow this type of ammo.
This looks awesome. I would shoot the limited but I would be a first timer. ( I do shoot HP )

The prohibition on hollow points doesn’t make much sense to me. JHP’s are ubiquitous in gun games across the country, second in popularity only to cheap coated. I’ve shot thousands of Precision Delta JHP’s as close as 10 yards without issue.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/range-dangers/

http://tacticalar500targets.com/content/SAFE SHOOTING1.pdf

And one more from an FBI training bulletin:

BULLET DESIGN
A high quality, higher power factored ammunition is essential to reduce splatter. Simply stated, to minimize the size and pattern of splatter, drive the projectile harder. Consequently, a lead bullet with a low velocity is the worst option for steel target training. For safe training, it is recommended that only higher power factored bullets be used. A desirable round to produce consistent splatter is a jacketed hollow-point with a velocity of 1225 fps. Another issue is the “correlation factor.” This generally refers to how well a bullet holds together to give controlled expansion and penetration. In the case of steel target training, the best bullet is a frangible style round. The high velocity, frangible design of such bullets creates a predictable shattering effect on impact.
The rule came about due to the number of folks catching shrapnel from the HPO's hitting the steel, I know IPSC and GSSF and many others allow HP's,but the club made the rule due to injuries. I myself, have caught flak from bounce backs and some so deep they had to be pulled out with tweezers. Many IPSC shooters that reload their bullets to make major in competition are much hotter than fac. steel case or HP for that matter and those were the contributing fact and brought on the rule on no HP's. The club board rules, and their decisions are adhered to.

Come on 10th, we are always looking for new shooters to join the Action Pistol fold. This is the perfect match to begin shooting a pistol in competition. I promise you will have a good time, not to mention lunch and door prizes with your match fee.

Come on 10th, we are always looking for new shooters to join the Action Pistol fold. This is the perfect match to begin shooting a pistol in competition. I promise you will have a good time, not to mention lunch and door prizes with your match fee.
I am picking up a G19 today....I will get a proper holster for it and a few more mags and will get ready

Back
Top Bottom