• View counts are not updating correctly, we are looking into it now. Thanks!

RCBS Chargemaster

I saw where is said not to use it in cold temps. Anybody got a clue what they consider cold? I reload, and planned on storing this, in my utility room which is not insulated nor is it heated/cooled by my AC unit. Don't wanna damage it by allowing it to get too cold out there in the winter or get inaccurate loads if I use it on a chilly day.

I have some experience with digital scales and I don't think the cold will damage it, but I notice that as my reloading room warms up the reading on the scale becomes less accurate.

I end up having to calibrate it several time until it warms up and levels off.
It's not a huge amount but a tenth or a grain here and a tenth there.

I don't know whether it's springs or the electronics but something changes as it warms up.

I have some experience with digital scales and I don't think the cold will damage it, but I notice that as my reloading room warms up the reading on the scale becomes less accurate.

I end up having to calibrate it several time until it warms up and levels off.
It's not a huge amount but a tenth or a grain here and a tenth there.

I don't know whether it's springs or the electronics but something changes as it warms up.

I could definitely see temp effecting the performance of little steel springs and sure its the most repeatable in a climate controlled environment that is always the same temp at each use. I could bring it into the house every time I wanna load brass, but would be more convenient to have it there at my table with the rest of my stuff so I can load projectiles into brass while it's depending the powder for the round.

Think I'll shoot their customer service an email and ask what their definition of cold is. I'll post their response for any others interested.

Heard back from RCBS and they said not to store it in temps below 40F. Said it could damage the load cell. Guess I'll be keeping it inside during the winters from now on.

Back
Top Bottom